[Article] Virtual hosting in the MT4 and MT5 platform

Ayee Walter

Customer
Dec 26, 2022
I am dissatisfied with several brokers due to high slippage and low speed of transaction execution. Despite this, we managed to finish last year with a small profit. Thank God this EA was able to cope with the problems of these brokers. Decent algorithm. In January, I opened a depot for 500 bucks at Tickmill. It is immediately clear that this is a normal broker. I almost doubled my stock. There are no problems with the withdrawal either.

Reactions: Romuald

PCryptor

Customer
Jun 3, 2022
I am dissatisfied with several brokers due to high slippage and low speed of transaction execution. Despite this, we managed to finish last year with a small profit. Thank God this EA was able to cope with the problems of these brokers. Decent algorithm. In January, I opened a depot for 500 bucks at Tickmill. It is immediately clear that this is a normal broker. I almost doubled my stock. There are no problems with the withdrawal either.
Hi, can you give us more info, Tickmill UK ? MT4, 5 ? Default settings ? VPS provider, location ? thanks

Ayee Walter

Customer
Dec 26, 2022
Hi, can you give us more info, Tickmill UK ? MT4, 5 ? Default settings ? VPS provider, location ? thanks
Hello,

I use Tikmil UK with MT5, have a PRO license and work on default settings. To ensure maximum performance and reliability, I chose a dedicated VPS server located in Chocoping, London.

PCryptor

Customer
Jun 3, 2022
Hello,

I use Tikmil UK with MT5, have a PRO license and work on default settings. To ensure maximum performance and reliability, I chose a dedicated VPS server located in Chocoping, London.
Thanks for your reply, Im thinking about registering to Tickmill UK as well, how was your profit today

Ayee Walter

Customer
Dec 26, 2022
Thanks for your reply, Im thinking about registering to Tickmill UK as well, how was your profit today
During this week I managed to make a profit of $200, and the entire month of January brought me almost $1000. This meets the expectations of the algorithm, and I feel satisfied.

It’s especially good that the robot works 24/5 without my constant intervention. This is a priority for me. Whether the profit is higher next month or slightly lower, I will still be satisfied.

Let's keep moving forward!

Reactions: Romuald

PCryptor

Customer
Jun 3, 2022
During this week I managed to make a profit of $200, and the entire month of January brought me almost $1000. This meets the expectations of the algorithm, and I feel satisfied.

It’s especially good that the robot works 24/5 without my constant intervention. This is a priority for me. Whether the profit is higher next month or slightly lower, I will still be satisfied.

Let's keep moving forward!
Thanks brother, I will go ahead with Tickmill and hope fore the best

PCryptor

Customer
Jun 3, 2022
Is Tiсkmill the only broker you have worked with or are there other brokers? I wonder how things are going with them for you.
I have worked with around 12 different brokers, some good some bad and I had finally found the right settings for MT4 2.1, but now the MT4 2.1 version is not working so I am forced to use 2.3 MT4, which is completely different than 2.1.

I have made a lot of money with 2.1, and now I am lost with 2.3 MT4 because I have to find the best settings for it. So I wonder if I will have to forwardtest once again when 2.4 will be release. My point is I which we could keep using older version as we spending time looking for the right settings for each version.

Ayee Walter

Customer
Dec 26, 2022
I have worked with around 12 different brokers, some good some bad and I had finally found the right settings for MT4 2.1, but now the MT4 2.1 version is not working so I am forced to use 2.3 MT4, which is completely different than 2.1.

I have made a lot of money with 2.1, and now I am lost with 2.3 MT4 because I have to find the best settings for it. So I wonder if I will have to forwardtest once again when 2.4 will be release. My point is I which we could keep using older version as we spending time looking for the right settings for each version.
Hello, I was wondering if you tried using the settings from version 2.1 for version 2.3? As far as I know, all set files from different versions are interchangeable with each other, since the functionality is almost the same as in 2.1. I think this will solve your problem. And instead of MT4, I would recommend using MT5. Since this platform is faster and more technologically advanced than MT4. You write that you worked with 12 brokers. Which one would you recommend for making money?

PCryptor

Customer
Jun 3, 2022
Hello, I was wondering if you tried using the settings from version 2.1 for version 2.3? As far as I know, all set files from different versions are interchangeable with each other, since the functionality is almost the same as in 2.1. I think this will solve your problem. And instead of MT4, I would recommend using MT5. Since this platform is faster and more technologically advanced than MT4. You write that you worked with 12 brokers. Which one would you recommend for making money?
I am here since ELM 1.9, so I can tell. I did try same settings, but like I said, 2.1 and 2.3 are not the same, I have put them on same brokers, same settings, same VPS and I could see the difference in trades and profit. MT5 is good only on very good condition broker like Tickmill, otherwise default MT5 setting will lose.

MT5 is 64bit yeah but like I said, I made very good profit with MT4 once I've found the right settings.
2.1 not working anymore so I cannot recommend any broker right now for 2.3.
Im back to forward testing brokers with MT4 2.3 this time...

cavv

Customer
Jun 6, 2016
I am here since ELM 1.9, so I can tell. I did try same settings, but like I said, 2.1 and 2.3 are not the same, I have put them on same brokers, same settings, same VPS and I could see the difference in trades and profit. MT5 is good only on very good condition broker like Tickmill, otherwise default MT5 setting will lose.

MT5 is 64bit yeah but like I said, I made very good profit with MT4 once I've found the right settings.
2.1 not working anymore so I cannot recommend any broker right now for 2.3.
Im back to forward testing brokers with MT4 2.3 this time...
Hello,

Thank you for sharing your experience with ELM versions 1.9 and 2.3. Regarding your question, I was wondering if you checked for changes in trading conditions such as slippage and spread when switching between versions? After all, a lot of time passes between update releases. The market is also changing. This always directly affects the results.

I myself started with version 1.7 and I can say that 2.3 is the most stable and productive version today. If you are considering MT4 or MT5, then yes, choosing a broker is important for successful work, especially for MT5. I recommend looking for brokers with low latency.

Good luck with your trading!

Martin-S

Customer
Dec 26, 2022
I agree that sometimes there are fewer transactions when using version 2.3 than in other versions, but I think this is more the influence of the market, not the ELM... In general, I am satisfied with the work of the expert and I want to share my results this week.

Attachments

• Screenshot_7.png
    Screenshot_7.png
    6.3 KB · Views: 2

vis-a-vis

Customer
Jan 10, 2023
Buddy, I think you're doing something wrong if version 2.3 doesn't work for you. Check your ping and the trading conditions under which trades are executed, I think this will allow you to optimize the bot on your account!

johnspartan

Customer
Dec 20, 2023
Regarding VPS, Jared said you can run 2-3 MT accounts in a CPU x2 with 2GB memory. But when I ran 2 accounts simultaneously, the CPU is hitting 100% or more while the memory is as high as 95%-97%, with the MT5 terminal using about 600mb each and the other Windows apps (svchost, etc.) ate up what's left of the memory capacity. So you cannot run 2 MT accounts at all with 2 core CPU and 2GB. You need about double that to be able to run 2-3 accounts for demo testing. If you use the MT4 version, it might be possible since I noticed that the MT4 took up only 350-400MB of memory but still caused the CPU to hit the threshold when there is strong volatility. So If you want to try using 3 trading accounts for demo or live, you need at the minimum about 4 cores and 4GB memory.

Rainis

Customer
Aug 24, 2019
Regarding VPS, Jared said you can run 2-3 MT accounts in a CPU x2 with 2GB memory. But when I ran 2 accounts simultaneously, the CPU is hitting 100% or more while the memory is as high as 95%-97%, with the MT5 terminal using about 600mb each and the other Windows apps (svchost, etc.) ate up what's left of the memory capacity. So you cannot run 2 MT accounts at all with 2 core CPU and 2GB. You need about double that to be able to run 2-3 accounts for demo testing. If you use the MT4 version, it might be possible since I noticed that the MT4 took up only 350-400MB of memory but still caused the CPU to hit the threshold when there is strong volatility. So If you want to try using 3 trading accounts for demo or live, you need at the minimum about 4 cores and 4GB memory.
Colleague, traders on stock exchanges and investment funds always have the most powerful computers. Everyone knows this. This is a necessity. Algo trading a priori requires a powerful processor. Without this, you simply won't make money. I have several 4 nuclear computers at home. I constantly update my "vehicle fleet". When I worked at an investment bank, our department there was also the most technically equipped. You just need to keep this in mind if you are trading on the stock exchange. Forex requires certain investments at the initial stage, but then everything comes back to you a hundredfold.

Peter Watson

Feb 15, 2023
Hi, since Jared is the developer of this software, he knows better what configuration to use. For example, 2 cores and 2 GB of RAM are enough for me. I use this server configuration and easily work with 2 MT5 with 13 currency pairs and 1 MT4 with 15 currency pairs. In your case, it is better to contact your provider and clarify these issues with him. Most likely the problem is with the provider.

johnspartan

Customer
Dec 20, 2023
Hi, since Jared is the developer of this software, he knows better what configuration to use. For example, 2 cores and 2 GB of RAM are enough for me. I use this server configuration and easily work with 2 MT5 with 13 currency pairs and 1 MT4 with 15 currency pairs. In your case, it is better to contact your provider and clarify these issues with him. Most likely the problem is with the provider.
I already did. Countless exchanges. Chocoping is saying the same thing over and over. Either optimize or add more specs to the VPS (CPU and memory). I already tried several brokers and MT4 and MT5. Running 2 already causes hanging. When I change the TF or the screen size, everything freezes. The MT4 platform nowadays take up about 600Mb while the MT5 eats up 700-800Mb, based on several brokers I tried. CPU is clocking at 50% for just 1 platform and no trades. It reaches 70-75% when there's volatility and there are trades opened.

Peter Watson

Feb 15, 2023
I already did. Countless exchanges. Chocoping is saying the same thing over and over. Either optimize or add more specs to the VPS (CPU and memory). I already tried several brokers and MT4 and MT5. Running 2 already causes hanging. When I change the TF or the screen size, everything freezes. The MT4 platform nowadays take up about 600Mb while the MT5 eats up 700-800Mb, based on several brokers I tried. CPU is clocking at 50% for just 1 platform and no trades. It reaches 70-75% when there's volatility and there are trades opened.
In your case, it looks like the problems are less with the trading platforms and more with the configuration and resources of your current VPS. Upgrading to a more powerful plan or changing your provider to one that offers better optimization for your trading needs could be a solution. This includes increasing the amount of RAM and processor power, which will allow you to process large amounts of data and avoid lags, even during periods of high volatility and when working with multiple platforms simultaneously.

I recommend contacting the technical support of your VPS provider with a description of the problem and a request for an increase in resources or suggestions for optimizing them to suit your specific needs. Perhaps they will offer you a solution within the current tariff or help you choose a more suitable option. I would do this.