-=Changelog=- And -=Upgrades =-

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
elm-ea.com
Hello, dear user!

Well, I've finally managed to release version 1.0 to the public.
I didn't expect such a large number of customers, among my forum users in the first week of sales. Thank you all!

We have a lot of work ahead of us! I will be posting here:

-=Changelog=- ELM EA.​

I have a lot of ideas that I would like to implement in this algorithm.

If you have your own ideas, please let me know and if your idea sounds interesting, I will definitely implement it!

Release history:
Full Changelog (Please see spoiler)

Code:
Changes //
Version 1.1.0
Load balancing on the VPS.
Automatic reconnection within 3 minutes in case of connection loss.

Version 1.1.1
//Improving order management methods
-==Trall==-
EnableTrailingStop - OFF/ON/Virtual. Enable/Disable the trailing stop
TrailingStart - number of pips, through activated TrailingStop
TrailingStop - trailing stop level.
TrailingStep – trailing stop step.
EnableBreakeven – True/False. (virtual)
BreakevenTrigger -  The number of profit pips, for triggering a breakeven.
BreakevenLevel – The level of the breakeven from the opening price.

Version 1.1.2
//New currency pairs added
-==Pairs==-
EUR/JPY, USD/CAD, AUD/USD

Version 1.1.3
//Deal Filtering
-==Protection Section==-
Impulse - 0..0.2,1,3.4 (It is a filter that checks what the difference was between successive ticks.
If the difference is more than specified in this parameter, the bot opens a trade)
Max allowed spread - 0..0.2,1,3.4(Checking the spread before opening an order.
If the spread is more than specified here the trade is not opened.)

Version 1.1.4
//Slippage control on accounts with instant execution
-==Order Managment Section==-
OrderOpenSlippage - 1,2,3,4(Deviation, at opening, Otherwise, the requote)
OrderCloseSlippage - 1,2,3,4(Deviation, at closing, Otherwise, the requote)
AutoSlippage - True/False (The algorithm automatically calculates the maximum deviations)

Version 1.1.5
//Additional transaction filters
-==Order Managment Section==-
Max Execution Time., ms - 1500 (If the time of execution of the last trade was longer, the algorithm
is disabled until the intervention of the trader)

Max Execution Slippage., pips  - 1,2,3,4(If the slippage in the last trade was more than specified,
the algorithm will shut down until the intervention of the trader)

Min Order Life Time in seconds [0 = off]- 10,30,50
Max Order Life Time in seconds [0 = off] - 10,30,50

When you open the "Experts" tab of your trading platform, you will see the work log.
This log will allow you to monitor the execution time, slippage, as well as the result in transactions

// Added filter to disable trading during news

--== News sheduler section ==--

=Use News Sheduler= - True/False (When set to True, disables trading during selected news events.)
=Disable Trader before News, minutes= - 0(Off)...1,2,3 (If a signal occurs 3 minutes before a news release, the advisor will not open a trade on this signal)
=Close Existing Positions, before= - 0(Off)...1,2,3 (If trades are open, the advisor will close them before the news comes out)
=Indent after News, minutes= - 0(Off)...1,2,3 (How long after a news release the advisor does not open a trade.)
=Your Time Zone= – Specify the time of your broker's terminal by GMT(1,2,3 or -1,-2,-3)
=Enable hard news= – True/False (Consider important news)
=Enable medium news= – True/False (Consider news of medium importance)
=Enable light news= – True/False (Consider news of low importance)
=Сurrency to display the news= – USD, EUR, GBP, CHF....
=Draw lines on the chart= - True/False (When set to False, no news is shown on the chart)
=Draw only the future of news line= - True/False (Display future news only)
=Alert on the upcoming news= - True/False (When set to True, the algorithm will send an Alert before the news is released.)
Code:

Case

Customer
Mar 29, 2018
Hey! You're cool, man! As soon as I found out that you opened a public sale of the algorithm, I made a purchase right away!
But to be honest, I now feel that the algorithm is very 'raw'. It needs active refinement, as the number of parameters is very small and this does not allow full control over the logic of the operation!

Keenan

Customer
Aug 27, 2010
But to be honest, I now feel that the algorithm is very 'raw'. It needs active refinement, as the number of parameters is very small and this does not allow full control over the logic of the operation!

Why do you need so many parameters? It can have a significant impact on performance.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
elm-ea.com
Hey! You're cool, man! As soon as I found out that you opened a public sale of the algorithm, I made a purchase right away! But to be honest, I now feel that the algorithm is very 'raw'. It needs active refinement, as the number of parameters is very small and this does not allow full control over the logic of the operation!
Thank you! I think there is a lot of work ahead. I hope that we will have an active community of users who not only want to earn, but also contribute to the development of the product.

The basic logic of the work is already in place. This is the most difficult part in development. I had to spend a lot of time to develop the strategy by which the entries and exits from the deals are made, the server part to handle the huge flow of data in the cloud, and also the licensing system. In total, I spent more than 1 year on this.
Why do you need so many parameters? It can have a significant impact on performance.
Depends on how this functionality is implemented. If the functionality is implemented without precise code design methods or a clear specification, it is likely to have an impact on performance.

If everything is done correctly, the MQL5/MQL4 programming language is now so powerful that it can process a huge amount of data with minimal consumption of the server's resources and the trading platform.

Last edited:

Gilmar

Customer
Nov 5, 2012
Do you consider increasing the number of currency pairs?
Currently trading only 3 currency pairs
EUR/USD, GBP/USD, USD/JPY
Very much limits the possibilities that the algorithm really has.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
elm-ea.com
Do you consider increasing the number of currency pairs?
Currently trading only 3 currency pairs
EUR/USD, GBP/USD, USD/JPY
Very much limits the possibilities that the algorithm really has.
Hi,
Thank you for being my client.

Yes, I am considering it. There are some technical difficulties at the moment which have to do with load balancing. As soon as all current clients are stable, I will increase the number of supported currency pairs.

Lawson

Customer
Nov 2, 2016
My server configuration:
2GB RAM DDR4/Intel 2x CPU/30GB SSD hardware RAID10/Windows 2012.R2/ London

I am observing a problem where the algorithm is not resilient to heavy loads.

I am running 6 trading platforms. 3 currency pairs in each of them, as a result the trading robot is constantly losing connection with the license server.

I think this is a bug of the first versions, could you please fix it?

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
elm-ea.com
My server configuration:
2GB RAM DDR4/Intel 2x CPU/30GB SSD hardware RAID10/Windows 2012.R2/ London

I am observing a problem where the algorithm is not resilient to heavy loads.

I am running 6 trading platforms. 3 currency pairs in each of them, as a result the trading robot is constantly losing connection with the license server.

I think this is a bug of the first versions, could you please fix it?
Please send me a message to Telegram
And give me your server details. I will connect to you and try to find out what the problem is.

Jalen

Customer
Jan 18, 2014
Today, RAM was used at 100% during a time of high volatility. My server is 2GB. I only trade on 2 platforms, 3 currency pairs in each platform.
I think you need to optimise your trading robot code.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
elm-ea.com
Today, RAM was used at 100% during a time of high volatility. My server is 2GB. I only trade on 2 platforms, 3 currency pairs in each platform.
I think you need to optimise your trading robot code.
Thank you. Yes, I've encountered this problem a few times too. Most likely there is a hash function collision in the licence key. This only occurs when more than 20 active licences are connected.
I'm already working on a solution to this problem.

Ariyah

Customer
Apr 19, 2020
Occasionally I have a problem with EA reconnecting to the licence server.
I don't know what this is about, but most likely the algorithm just forgets that it should reconnect after breaking the internet connection.

Jalen

Customer
Jan 18, 2014
I don't know what this is about, but most likely the algorithm just forgets that it should reconnect after breaking the internet connection.

I have now had a similar problem. I keep seeing this message in the table on the graph.

Wait 5 minutes, than Please Restart MT4(Close/Open). What should I do in this case?
sew32.png

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
elm-ea.com
Yes, I've already checked this problem. I will be releasing a small update a little later today.

I have now had a similar problem. I keep seeing this message in the table on the graph.

Wait 5 minutes, than Please Restart MT4(Close/Open). What should I do in this case?
View attachment 3924

When you encounter this message, the quickest way not to lose the input settings of the trading robot is to close and open mt4.

I'll be posting a short update today and you can download it on the page of the item you bought.

Brock

Customer
Sep 1, 2011
Thank you for your prompt update! Looking forward to it! I am well aware that the first versions need active revisions.... But when you buy a product for so much money, you want everything to work perfectly.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
elm-ea.com
Thank you for your prompt update! Looking forward to it! I am well aware that the first versions need active revisions.... But when you buy a product for so much money, you want everything to work perfectly.
Yes, I understand. I apologise for some of the inconvenience.

There is one single problem here that is difficult to solve at the development stage, and that is to do real-world testing.

We have about 30 license activations right now. This puts a certain load on the software and I need to optimise the software to handle this and much larger load.

As a thank you to my first customers, I will upgrade versions that will support 6 currency pairs completely free of charge. Need some time to do code optimization.... Thank you!

Julio

Customer
Aug 5, 2019
Thank you, Jared for your work!

Do you think if we teach the algorithm to use virtual trailing stop it will help us improve our performance?

I often find that the broker has minimum virtual trailing levels much higher than we use in the settings. As a result, the bot cannot modify the stop loss level.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
elm-ea.com

Version 1.1.0 (18-Jun-20)​

Code:
Changes //

//Load balancing on the VPS.
//Automatic reconnection within 3 minutes in case of connection loss.

Please download your update here:

ELM EA

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
elm-ea.com
Thank you, Jared for your work!

Do you think if we teach the algorithm to use virtual trailing stop it will help us improve our performance?

I often find that the broker has minimum virtual trailing levels much higher than we use in the settings. As a result, the bot cannot modify the stop loss level.

Thank you for your offer. I will certainly implement it.
I have some ideas on how best to do it. Perhaps we should leave it up to the user to choose whether to use a virtual trailing stop or a real trailing stop.

In case we use virtual, we should be able to specify a value less than 1.

Ok, thanks for the idea! Will do it soon!

Julio

Customer
Aug 5, 2019
Thank you for your offer. I will certainly implement it.
I have some ideas on how best to do it. Perhaps we should leave it up to the user to choose whether to use a virtual trailing stop or a real trailing stop.

In case we use virtual, we should be able to specify a value less than 1.

Ok, thanks for the idea! Will do it soon!
Thank you! Looking forward to it! My broker has low minimum stop levels on demo accounts but very high on real accounts.

I wrote to them about this. They said - these are the trading conditions, nothing can be changed.

That's why I really need to be able to use virtual trailing stop level:)

Kyrie

Customer
Nov 4, 2018
Thank you! Looking forward to it! My broker has low minimum stop levels on demo accounts but very high on real accounts.

I wrote to them about this. They said - these are the trading conditions, nothing can be changed.

That's why I really need to be able to use virtual trailing stop level:)
I join in the suggestion, but I would also like to point out that apart from a virtual trailing stop it would be nice to have a virtual breakeven level :cool: