Administrator
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
elm-ea.com

Version 1.3.1 (12-Dec-20)​

Code:
Changes //Additional transaction filters
-==Order Managment Section==-
Max Execution Time., ms - 1500 (If the time of execution of the last trade was longer, the algorithm
is disabled until the intervention of the trader)

Max Execution Slippage., pips  - 1,2,3,4(If the slippage in the last trade was more than specified,
the algorithm will shut down until the intervention of the trader)

Min Order Life Time in seconds [0 = off]- 10,30,50
Max Order Life Time in seconds [0 = off] - 10,30,50

When you open the "Experts" tab of your trading platform, you will see the work log.
This log will allow you to monitor the execution time, slippage, as well as the result in transactions

How does control of maximum execution time and maximum slippage work?
After each trade, the algorithm checks how fast it was executed and how much slippage was recorded. If the values in this trade were higher than those specified in these parameters, the algorithm stops the work.

Please download your update here:

ELM EA

Zaid

Aug 1, 2014

Code:
Max Execution Time., ms - 1500 (If the time of execution of the last trade was longer, the algorithm

Max Execution Slippage., pips  - 1,2,3,4(If the slippage in the last trade was more than specified,

When you open the "Experts" tab of your trading platform, you will see the work log.
This log will allow you to monitor the execution time, slippage, as well as the result in transactions

After each trade, the algorithm checks how fast it was executed and how much slippage was recorded. If the values in this trade were higher than those specified in these parameters, the algorithm stops the work.

ELM EA

Wow, you're doing great, it really has become much more convenient to work in this way!

I think it will allow me to more clearly control when the quality of execution at a broker starts to deteriorate.

What parameters would you recommend me to use?

Leonard

Customer
Jun 2, 2019
I used to use another EA to control speed and slippage. now I can do here! Thanks for your work!

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
elm-ea.com
Wow, you're doing great, it really has become much more convenient to work in this way!

I think it will allow me to more clearly control when the quality of execution at a broker starts to deteriorate.

What parameters would you recommend me to use?

I think that profitable trading is possible when a broker's execution speed is less than 500 ms, and the average slippage is less than 3 pips.
I used to use another EA to control speed and slippage. now I can do here! Thanks for your work!

Now you can control the quality of execution simply by analyzing the log of the algorithm.

Brock

Customer
Sep 1, 2011

Code:

ELM EA

Thanks, you're really cool. This is a great addition, minimum and maximum time parameters, how does it work?

What if the take profit level has been reached?

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
elm-ea.com
Thanks, you're really cool. This is a great addition, minimum and maximum time parameters, how does it work?

What if the take profit level has been reached?
The number of parameters began to increase, so I add a hierarchy and priority of parameters.

In the case of

Min Order Life Time in seconds > 0
or
Max Order Life Time in seconds > 0

The parameter which defines the minimum time will be primary. Until the value specified in that parameter is reached, the algorithm will not apply virtual stop, take profit or any other parameters affecting the closing of the trade (Only real take profit and stop loss can be applied)

As soon as Min Order Life Time is reached, any other parameter determining closing, virtual take profit for example, can be applied.

The Max Order Life Time will be triggered in either case, whether the take profit or stop loss level is reached. As soon as the maximum time is reached the trade will be closed

Brock

Customer
Sep 1, 2011
The number of parameters began to increase, so I add a hierarchy and priority of parameters.

In the case of

Min Order Life Time in seconds > 0
or
Max Order Life Time in seconds > 0

The parameter which defines the minimum time will be primary. Until the value specified in that parameter is reached, the algorithm will not apply virtual stop, take profit or any other parameters affecting the closing of the trade (Only real take profit and stop loss can be applied)

As soon as Min Order Life Time is reached, any other parameter determining closing, virtual take profit for example, can be applied.

The Max Order Life Time will be triggered in either case, whether the take profit or stop loss level is reached. As soon as the maximum time is reached the trade will be closed

I hear you, thank you. It turns out that in any case the trade will not be shorter than the Min Order Life Time, and also will not be longer than the Max Order Life Time

Lawson

Customer
Nov 2, 2016
I'm very happy with the way the product is being developed. I bought a lot of algorithms, but most of the time I couldn't even understand how the algorithm worked.

Jared, please post more information and explain how this or that ELM feature works! This really is a very powerful algorithm.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
elm-ea.com
I hear you, thank you. It turns out that in any case the trade will not be shorter than the Min Order Life Time, and also will not be longer than the Max Order Life Time
Yes, you're right.

I'm very happy with the way the product is being developed. I bought a lot of algorithms, but most of the time I couldn't even understand how the algorithm worked.

Jared, please post more information and explain how this or that ELM feature works! This really is a very powerful algorithm.
Thank you. But as it seems to me, I'm rather publicly engaged in development))

I still have about 10 ideas that I plan to implement in the next few months.

My free time is very limited and so sometimes adding different features takes a little longer than I want.

I've done a lot of work over the past few months and now is a good time to test.

In case you find any bugs, please write me immediately :)

Ariyah

Customer
Apr 19, 2020

Code:

ELM EA

Hi
I'm running this version, trading with Icmarkets, real account. Immediately on the first trade, I received a notification from the bot that the trade was stopped due to exceeding the maximum order execution time.

What should I do? How do I start the robot again?

Jesus

Customer
Apr 3, 2020
Hi
I'm running this version, trading with Icmarkets, real account. Immediately on the first trade, I received a notification from the bot that the trade was stopped due to exceeding the maximum order execution time.

I have the exact same problem because of slippage. I just closed the trading platform and the problem disappeared.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
elm-ea.com
Hi

Once again, this miracle broker... Why do you work with them?

Please tell me, what was the speed of order execution?
What value of the parameter(Max Execution Time) are you using?

The bot stopped trading, because the low quality of order execution can affect profits. If there are long delays, most likely the price will change a lot and it will be difficult to make a profit on such a trade.

The algorithm stops until the trader restarts it. You just need to put the algorithm back on the chart.

Also, pay attention, if you have constant problems with the speed of execution, most likely your account is forcibly slowed down by the broker and you should open a new account or consider working with another broker.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
elm-ea.com
I have the exact same problem because of slippage. I just closed the trading platform and the problem disappeared.

That's right, the algorithm protects your account from possible losing trades.

Increased slippage is usually due to several reasons:

1. Rapid change of price on the market
2. Forced delays by your broker.

Check slippages in the following trades.

Last edited:

Harper

Customer
Apr 11, 2020
Yesterday I took a loss during the news. How soon will you release a version with a news filter?

Zaid

Aug 1, 2014

Version 1.3 (12-Nov-20)​

Code:
Changes //Slippage control on accounts with instant execution
OrderOpenSlippage - 1,2,3,4(Deviation, at opening, Otherwise, the requote)
OrderCloseSlippage - 1,2,3,4(Deviation, at closing, Otherwise, the requote)
AutoSlippage - True/False (The algorithm automatically calculates the maximum deviations)

What settings should I use?
Exactly the same as you used for the 3 existing currency pairs!

ELM EA

OrderOpenSlippage and OrderCloseSlippage Does it work? please check, it doesn't seem to work to me. I also sometimes get more slippage than I specify in the settings

Wagner

Jun 28, 2012
OrderOpenSlippage and OrderCloseSlippage Does it work? please check, it doesn't seem to work to me. I also sometimes get more slippage than I specify in the settings
Yes, it works correctly. There may be some errors if the broker adds forced slippage, but this is unlikely. Trade with verified brokers and everything will be okay.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
elm-ea.com
Yesterday I took a loss during the news. How soon will you release a version with a news filter?

This will be ready in the next update. I think I will release the update within two weeks.

I am currently working on teaching the algorithm to sort news by importance. As a result we will be able to completely disable the algorithm only during important news. And during less important news, the algorithm will continue to work as well.

As you can see, I write 99% bug-free code, it takes longer, but we get quality code without logical errors and exceptions.

Erick

Jul 9, 2015

Code:

ELM EA

This is a great solution! Thank you!

What if we could also fix profits using hedging? Opening a counter order?