-=Changelog=- And -=Upgrades =-

Erick

Jul 9, 2015
For customers, from America, who use ELM EA - this is not relevant ;)
Hedging can help create a market-neutral position and close that position at any time, even on the next trading day ;) And the Americans... Let them leave their country) haha

Crosby

Customer
May 4, 2018
Why turn off trading during the news, because it's the best conditions for scalping ... Lol
I think you're mostly talking about trading the news on your own, without the help of an advisor. so your statement doesn't fit here. You can earn manually by trading with pending orders, when trading automatically with market orders there is a high probability of slippages and delays.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
elm-ea.com

Version 1.4 (12-Feb-21)​

Code:
Changes // Added filter to disable trading during news

[CENTER]--== News sheduler section ==--[/CENTER]

=Use News Sheduler= - True/False (When set to True, disables trading during selected news events.)
=Disable Trader before News, minutes= - 0(Off)...1,2,3 (If a signal occurs 3 minutes before a news release, the advisor will not open a trade on this signal)
=Close Existing Positions, before= - 0(Off)...1,2,3 (If trades are open, the advisor will close them before the news comes out)
=Indent after News, minutes= - 0(Off)...1,2,3 (How long after a news release the advisor does not open a trade.)
=Your Time Zone=  – Specify the time of your broker's terminal by GMT(1,2,3 or -1,-2,-3)
=Enable hard news=  – True/False (Consider important news)
=Enable medium news= – True/False (Consider news of medium importance)
=Enable light news=  – True/False (Consider news of low importance)
=Сurrency to display the news= – USD, EUR, GBP, CHF....
=Draw lines on the chart= - True/False (When set to False, no news is shown on the chart)
=Draw only the future of news line= - True/False (Display future news only)
=Alert on the upcoming news= - True/False (When set to True, the algorithm will send an Alert before the news is released.)

update-gif.2553

The first version of the update(Version 1.A.1) is available for global tests. If any bugs are found, please let me know and I will try to fix it as soon as possible.

How will this upgrade help us boost trade performance?

• If a broker tends to interfere with its traders because of poor performance during news releases, then it is better to enable this filter.
  • In case the broker does not interfere with trading during news releases, you do not need to enable this filter.

Look, it's easy 💪

1️⃣ Go to the trading terminal -->Service -->Settings -->Expert Advisors. It is very important that the DLL import is enabled. If this box is unchecked, the Expert Advisor will not work!
2️⃣ Allow WebRequest for the following URLs and specify the following link if you want to use the news filter: http://ec.forexprostools.com.

webreq-gif.2552

A little clarification :geek:
When using the news filter, make sure the GMT setting is correct. It reflects the offset from Greenwich meridian (almost London time) and comes with an automatic setting. Because of the DST factor (this is the summer offset), some brokers change GMT between summer and winter time. That's why you should make sure your broker does this. Check with tech support.

Last edited:

Gary

Customer
Jun 17, 2017

Version 1.4 (12-Feb-21)​

Code:
Changes // Added filter to disable trading during news

[CENTER]--== News sheduler section ==--[/CENTER]

=Use News Sheduler= - True/False (When set to True, disables trading during selected news events.)
=Disable Trader before News, minutes= - 0(Off)...1,2,3 (If a signal occurs 3 minutes before a news release, the advisor will not open a trade on this signal)
=Close Existing Positions, before= - 0(Off)...1,2,3 (If trades are open, the advisor will close them before the news comes out)
=Indent after News, minutes= - 0(Off)...1,2,3 (How long after a news release the advisor does not open a trade.)
=Your Time Zone=  – Specify the time of your broker's terminal by GMT(1,2,3 or -1,-2,-3)
=Enable hard news=  – True/False (Consider important news)
=Enable medium news= – True/False (Consider news of medium importance)
=Enable light news=  – True/False (Consider news of low importance)
=Сurrency to display the news= – USD, EUR, GBP, CHF....
=Draw lines on the chart= - True/False (When set to False, no news is shown on the chart)
=Draw only the future of news line= - True/False (Display future news only)
=Alert on the upcoming news= - True/False (When set to True, the algorithm will send an Alert before the news is released.)

update-gif.2553

The first version of the update(Version 1.A.1) is available for global tests. If any bugs are found, please let me know and I will try to fix it as soon as possible.

How will this upgrade help us boost trade performance?

• If a broker tends to interfere with its traders because of poor performance during news releases, then it is better to enable this filter.
  • In case the broker does not interfere with trading during news releases, you do not need to enable this filter.

Look, it's easy 💪

1️⃣ Go to the trading terminal -->Service -->Settings -->Expert Advisors. It is very important that the DLL import is enabled. If this box is unchecked, the Expert Advisor will not work!
2️⃣ Allow WebRequest for the following URLs and specify the following link if you want to use the news filter: http://ec.forexprostools.com.

webreq-gif.2552

A little clarification :geek:
When using the news filter, make sure the GMT setting is correct. It reflects the offset from Greenwich meridian (almost London time) and comes with an automatic setting. Because of the DST factor (this is the summer offset), some brokers change GMT between summer and winter time. That's why you should make sure your broker does this. Check with tech support.

Just made a purchase, and there's already an update at once! Thanks, cool!(y):)

Why didn't you add the more popular calendar from metaquotes ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
elm-ea.com
Just made a purchase, and there's already an update at once! Thanks, cool!(y):)

Why didn't you add the more popular calendar from metaquotes ?

Thank you for joining us! I see that you have successfully obtained your license keys. Now you need to do the installation following the instructions. I just recently created it, I think it will be relevant to help all newbies.

Metaquotes - Doesn't provide a public api for access, so integrating with them is more of a challenge.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
elm-ea.com
This is a great solution! Thank you!

What if we could also fix profits using hedging? Opening a counter order?

I had the idea to implement it and I will definitely do it.
We will create an additional trade mod that, when enabled, will not close all trades that meet the close condition. Instead, a counter trade with the same lot size will be opened.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
elm-ea.com
Do you have any progress in developing a version for mt5?

No, I still haven't developed it. It's not long and will be ready soon. This month I also plan to release one update, which will add new currency pairs. After that I think the basic functionality of the algorithm is ready. And I will be able to transfer the code to MT5 version.

Last edited:

pattu

Customer
May 28, 2019
No, I still haven't developed it. It's not long and will be ready in July. This month I also plan to release one update, which will add new currency pairs. After that I think the basic functionality of the algorithm is ready. And I will be able to transfer the code to MT5 version.
Thank you I'm really looking forward to it!

Mikk

Customer
May 12, 2021
No, I still haven't developed it. It's not long and will be ready soon. This month I also plan to release one update, which will add new currency pairs. After that I think the basic functionality of the algorithm is ready. And I will be able to transfer the code to MT5 version.
What currency pairs do you plan to add? Will cryptocurrencies be added?

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
elm-ea.com
What currency pairs do you plan to add? Will cryptocurrencies be added?
Thank you for your question. no Currently there are no plans to add cryptocurrencies.
Cryptocurrencies will probably be added later.

I am currently planning to add about 20 major cross pairs

Joseph

Feb 5, 2011
Thank you for your question. no Currently there are no plans to add cryptocurrencies.
Cryptocurrencies will probably be added later.

I am currently planning to add about 20 major cross pairs
hi, jared, what do you think about adding a full demo for the product?

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
elm-ea.com
hi, jared, what do you think about adding a full demo for the product?
Yes, I agree that introducing a demo version would be great. But as with any software there is a problem associated with possible hacking.

MT4 trading platform is not perfect and very badly protected against decompilation.

Maybe after I release the MT5 version I will make a full-fledged demo version. Time will tell :)

Thanks for the suggestion!

Joseph

Feb 5, 2011
Yes, I agree that introducing a demo version would be great. But as with any software there is a problem associated with possible hacking.

MT4 trading platform is not perfect and very badly protected against decompilation.

Maybe after I release the MT5 version I will make a full-fledged demo version. Time will tell :)

Thanks for the suggestion!
You need to do this.

The test results from the strategy tester are very unreliable. I am not ready to buy such an expensive product, just on the basis of simulated results from the strategy tester.

Kyrie

Customer
Nov 4, 2018
You need to do this.

The test results from the strategy tester are very unreliable. I am not ready to buy such an expensive product, just on the basis of simulated results from the strategy tester.
Currently, most of the bots in the network are sold without the ability to test in real time. This causes a lot of negative consequences, when after buying the results from the strategy tester are very different from the results obtained in real trading

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
elm-ea.com
You need to do this.

Currently, most of the bots in the network are sold without the ability to test in real time. This causes a lot of negative consequences, when after buying the results from the strategy tester are very different from the results obtained in real trading
Yes, dear users, I understand your concerns, but in the current circumstances, the software can only be licensed as a demo version for strategy tester.

In the future, I will definitely make a full demo version. for tests without a limit and under real market conditions.

Kyrie

Customer
Nov 4, 2018
Yes, dear users, I understand your concerns, but in the current circumstances, the software can only be licensed as a demo version for strategy tester.

In the future, I will definitely make a full demo version. for tests without a limit and under real market conditions.
Yes, that's right jared! Even a week of tests when trading online can be more useful than 10 years of tests on history

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
elm-ea.com

Version 1.4 (12-Feb-21)​

Code:
Changes //Additional Pairs

New currency pairs were added. The algorithm supports a total of 26 currency pairs.

[*]EUR/USD, GBP/USD, USD/JPY, EUR/JPY, USD/CAD, AUD/USD, NZD/USD, AUD/JPY, AUD/NZD, AUD/CHF, AUD/CAD, CAD/CHF, CAD/JPY, CHF/JPY, EUR/AUD, EUR/CAD, EUR/CHF, EUR/GBP, EUR/JPY, GBP/AUD, GBP/CAD, GBP/CHF, GBP/JPY, NZD/JPY, NZD/CAD, NZD/CHF

Please download your update here:

ELM EA