ELM EA DEMO

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
elm-ea.com
Hi, I'm getting a lot of reports now that the results between strategy tester and trading in real or demo accounts are significantly different. I have been thinking and solved this problem. I will now tell you more about it.

Problem

As a developer, I can optimise any algorithm to work on historical data, it's not difficult, it just takes time to do it.

When trading on historical data, we will always be able to get a positive result, for example, for the last year of work or for the last 2-3 years of work.

But this is history, on the one hand history has to repeat itself, on the other hand it does not always happen.

As a result, if history does not repeat itself, the algorithm shows a completely different result than expected.

Solution

Thanks to the members of our forum, who gave me this solution in the process of discussing possible improvements to the algorithm. Beginning with version 1.3 I disable the possibility of working of the algorithm in the strategy tester.
I went the other way and I want to give potential customers the opportunity to learn my algorithm in more detail.
I now dare to release the demo version. I put a lot of effort to make my product as customer-oriented as possible, and I sincerely hope that this solution will help you make the right choice as to whether you need to buy my algorithm or not.

• The demo version runs in real time on your account.
  • The demo version makes trading decisions in your account.
  • The demo version is 100% the same as the real version, you can familiarize yourself with each parameter, and test its work in real time.
  • The demo version has no optimization on historical data. All trading decisions are based on market conditions.

How to get a demo version ELM EA?

I decided to make it as quick and convenient as possible. Just start a dialog with the Telegram chat bot and answer a few simple questions.

t.me

ELM EA

Hi👋 Here you can get a download link in 1 minute or talk to a developer. Click 👉 "Send Message"
t.me
t.me

How to get started with the demo version?

1. Get the download link in the chat bot Telegram
2. Trade only with VPS server
3. Install the algorithm on your trading account
4. Use the list of recommended brokers

You can use any broker, as long as there is no broker you would like to work with in this list. This is not a requirement. It is a recommendation.

Result​

I am well aware that the potential client will need much more time to test the algorithm. But it will save the client from the fear that he is buying the algorithm based on the results from the strategy tester. Before buying, the client can review and study the logic of the algorithm in maximum detail.

• The demo version works without any time limit
  • The demo version works only on MT4 and MT5 demo accounts.
If we see that this approach yields positive results and generates positive feedback from our community, then I will leave the opportunity to test the demo before purchase on an ongoing basis.

We offer you a great opportunity to learn about this successful trading strategy and see how it works in real time in your account!

Gary

Customer
Jun 17, 2017
Thanks, great news! I hate these history tests, they require you to download a gigantic amount of data into my computer!

Kaan

Jul 1, 2017
Thank you! Great news, now i can test the algorithm without risking my own capital. By the way, Jared - can license users also use the demo version?

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
elm-ea.com
Are you confident in the quality of your product?
I am not a magician who is sure that the algorithm will make money on your account. A lot of factors affect the final result.

I'm just an honest developer who wants to provide as much information as possible for my clients, so that the client can make the right choice.

Also, I created a thread in which I tried to tell you what you need to do to improve the trading results with ELM EA

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
elm-ea.com
Thank you! Great news, now i can test the algorithm without risking my own capital. By the way, Jared - can license users also use the demo version?
Yes, of course.

Anyone can work with the demo version.

Josiah

Mar 24, 2014
Hi Jared,

Thanks for working on improving the product.

I think it would be nice if you added more methods to get the link to download the demo version.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
elm-ea.com
Hi Jared,

Thanks for working on improving the product.

I think it would be nice if you added more methods to get the link to download the demo version.
Hi,

thanks for the advice.

But I am not a marketing genius who is willing to monitor 10 channels of communication, let the sales departments do it. I think that those users who are interested in my trading robot are able to register on Telegram and start a dialog with the chatbot:)

Salvatore

Jun 28, 2012
I downloaded and installed the demo version on my home PC. It's been more than 3 hours, but the algorithm hasn't opened a single trade.

What is the problem?

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
elm-ea.com
I downloaded and installed the demo version on my home PC. It's been more than 3 hours, but the algorithm hasn't opened a single trade.

What is the problem?
Please note that you need to use a VPS server for the algorithm to work successfully.

Yes, I understand that for some customers this seems to be something illogical, why do you need a VPS when you have a home computer.

But it is very important to understand that for any algorithmic trader VPS server is exactly the same working tool, as a fireman's car for a fireman, or screwdriver and pliers for an electrician.

If you want to trade in the market using algorithmic trading, you are already an algorithmic trader.

Keenan

Customer
Aug 27, 2010
Jared, I want to write about how good it is that there is a demo version of the Expert Advisor, you can check any broker for performance and pick the best settings!
This is awesome! You did a great job!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ahmad

Customer
Feb 12, 2020
Hi, jared!

Thanks for the great opportunity to get to know your algorithm up close before you buy.

I have a question:

The ping between the broker demo server and my VPS server is 30ms.

The ping between the VPS and my broker's real server is 4ms.

How will this affect my trading results on my real account? Should I expect better or worse results?

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
elm-ea.com
Hi, jared!

Thanks for the great opportunity to get to know your algorithm up close before you buy.

I have a question:

The ping between the broker demo server and my VPS server is 30ms.

The ping between the VPS and my broker's real server is 4ms.

How will this affect my trading results on my real account? Should I expect better or worse results?
Hi, I don't think you need to worry too much.
Usually, the real servers of brokers are located in the building of the largest financial data centers. LD4 etc...
Renting a server in that building is very expensive for a broker. But brokers do this in order to get a competitive trading environment for their clients.
The demo server can be in a neighboring building where the rent is much cheaper.
In the case of using my algorithm, the lower the ping to the broker's server, the higher the execution speed.

Ahmad

Customer
Feb 12, 2020
Hi, I don't think you need to worry too much.
Usually, the real servers of brokers are located in the building of the largest financial data centers. LD4 etc...
Renting a server in that building is very expensive for a broker. But brokers do this in order to get a competitive trading environment for their clients.
The demo server can be in a neighboring building where the rent is much cheaper.
In the case of using my algorithm, the lower the ping to the broker's server, the higher the execution speed.
Great, thank you!

What is the maximum ping to the broker's server that is allowed for my trade to still be profitable?

Gilmar

Customer
Nov 5, 2012
Great, thank you!

What is the maximum ping to the broker's server that is allowed for my trade to still be profitable?
When I bought a license and started trading on a real account, the first thing I felt was the difference in slippage between the demo and the real account.

Thanks to the extended logs of the trading robot, I was able to identify a pattern in the trading results.

10 ms of ping, on average, adds 1 pips of slippage in a live account.

My broker Tickmill(PRO)

If I trade with a ping of 1-5 ms, then on average I get 1-3 pips slippage.
If I trade with a ping of 15-25 ms, then on average I get 1-4 pips slippage.
If I trade with a ping of 25-35 ms, then on average I get 1-5 pips slippage.

In this case, the execution speed always remains approximately the same and remains around 400 ms.
So I want to recommend that you first pay attention to slips.

Ahmad

Customer
Feb 12, 2020
When I bought a license and started trading on a real account, the first thing I felt was the difference in slippage between the demo and the real account.

Thanks to the extended logs of the trading robot, I was able to identify a pattern in the trading results.

10 ms of ping, on average, adds 1 pips of slippage in a live account.

My broker Tickmill(PRO)

If I trade with a ping of 1-5 ms, then on average I get 1-3 pips slippage.
If I trade with a ping of 15-25 ms, then on average I get 1-4 pips slippage.
If I trade with a ping of 25-35 ms, then on average I get 1-5 pips slippage.

In this case, the execution speed always remains approximately the same and remains around 400 ms.
So I want to recommend that you first pay attention to slips.
Thanks for the reply!

What are slips? Where can I see the slips?

Shepherd

Customer
Feb 5, 2011
Thanks for the reply!

You come to the market and you don't know what it is?:unsure: I don't think you've ever been in a situation where a broker deliberately engages in slippage

Slips = Slippages

This is the difference between the price at which the algorithm requested to open a trade and the actual price at which the trade was opened.

Gilmar

Customer
Nov 5, 2012
Thanks for the reply!

In the first screenshot, the table that is on the graph. It shows the slippage information. Also in the second screenshot, the log. You can find it on the Expert tab of your trading platform.

This is one of the latest trades from my real account. You can see in the screenshot,

Slippage = 3.1 pips
Profit is 4.4 pips.

In case slippage was 0, I think the profit would be equal to (4.4+3.1) 7.5 pips.

Slippage takes away some of the potential profit and has a negative impact on the result. That's why I now only use powerful VPS servers in my trading, which are in the same data centre as the broker's server. This gives me the best results.

elon2.png

Last edited by a moderator: