ELM EA DEMO

Sutton

Customer
May 30, 2017
In the first screenshot, the table that is on the graph. It shows the slippage information. Also in the second screenshot, the log. You can find it on the Expert tab of your trading platform.

This is one of the latest trades from my real account. You can see in the screenshot,

Slippage = 3.1 pips
Profit is 4.4 pips.

In case slippage was 0, I think the profit would be equal to (4.4+3.1) 7.5 pips.

Slippage takes away some of the potential profit and has a negative impact on the result. That's why I now only use powerful VPS servers in my trading, which are in the same data centre as the broker's server. This gives me the best results.

View attachment 3926View attachment 3927
I think such slippage sizes are due to illiquid market or delays on your server side. On my real account at Lmax MT4 broker, the average slippage rarely exceeds 1 pips.
Try to optimise your server. You might want to consider a more powerful processor for the server.

Gilmar

Customer
Nov 5, 2012
I think such slippage sizes are due to illiquid market or delays on your server side. On my real account at Lmax MT4 broker, the average slippage rarely exceeds 1 pips.
Try to optimise your server. You might want to consider a more powerful processor for the server.
Cool! I was able to find out that, on average, slippage of up to 5 pips is not a big problem and the algorithm is still profitable. In the case of using the default settings.
I will try to work on increasing the performance of my server.....

steve12

Jul 9, 2019
Cool! I was able to find out that, on average, slippage of up to 5 pips is not a big problem and the algorithm is still profitable. In the case of using the default settings.
I will try to work on increasing the performance of my server.....
What 5 pips are you talking about? most brokers have slippages of 7-15 pips on their real accounts

You are here to gather and discuss your slips from demo accounts! On real accounts the slippages will be 3 or 4 times higher.

Gilmar

Customer
Nov 5, 2012
What 5 pips are you talking about? most brokers have slippages of 7-15 pips on their real accounts

You are here to gather and discuss your slips from demo accounts! On real accounts the slippages will be 3 or 4 times higher.
I wonder... If it is as you say and the slippage on a real account should be 15 pips, then how is it even possible to work on a real account? Do you hear yourself? You are talking nonsense.

I want to open a trade at 1.2800, and instead my order is opened at 1.2815 ?

Don't you think that even if it is possible, most likely your broker is cheating on you?

Jamal

Customer
Mar 26, 2013

What you are talking about sounds like fraud on the part of the broker.
Choosing a forex broker can be a challenging task due to the large number of options available in the market. Choosing a forex broker is an important step, as choosing a bad one can mean losing money and choosing a good one can mean the sky's the limit for your profits.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
elm-ea.com
Dear participants of the discussion, I would like to ask you not to deviate from the main topic.

Here, we are discussing the demo version of ELM EA

I want to draw your attention to the fact that any delays in execution or high slippage will negatively affect the final trading result.

I created an option for my clients to test my algorithm on demo accounts, not to evaluate delays and slippages between real and demo accounts.

You can get acquainted with the algorithm and learn its logic of work, not just running it in the Strategy Tester and receiving a report, but also verifying the efficiency of the algorithm in the conditions of online trading.

Slippage has always been, is and will always be - it is an integral part of any trade in any market.

If you are working with a broker, which profits from your losses - then any trading strategy of this broker will be unprofitable, because of constant interference from the broker.

If you work with a company that has a reputation/trust of its clients, as well as favourable trading conditions, then slippage should not be an issue for you.

diman122

May 9, 2015
I started a job with IcMarkets broker - as a result I have a constant loss on the demo.
What could be the problem?

Keenan

Customer
Aug 27, 2010
I started a job with IcMarkets broker - as a result I have a constant loss on the demo.
I have tried many different scalper strategies to work with ICMarkets, but constantly have problems with the quality of their trading services.

It seems to me that these guys have a gigantic marketing budget, lots of empty words and nothing behind those words.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
elm-ea.com
The quality of their performance is unstable. I think their infrastructure is very overloaded, as a result some orders open without problems, while others open with huge delays.

If you really want to work with them, I would recommend you to use my EA for MT5

pattu

Customer
May 28, 2019
Hey, bro! Thanks for making the demo available... Maybe I'll be your customer soon :giggle:

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
elm-ea.com
Hey, bro! Thanks for making the demo available... Maybe I'll be your customer soon :giggle:
It depends on what your trading preferences are, and which version you plan to buy in the future and your needs...

I believe that the main advantage of the pro version is that it differentiates the risks.

More currency pairs are in operation, in case of losses on one currency pair, they can be covered by profits on other currency pairs.

pattu

Customer
May 28, 2019
It depends on what your trading preferences are, and which version you plan to buy in the future and your needs...

I believe that the main advantage of the pro version is that it differentiates the risks.

More currency pairs are in operation, in case of losses on one currency pair, they can be covered by profits on other currency pairs.
Do I understand correctly that I can buy a version for mt4 OR for mt5 in the optimum package?

and the pro package already includes versions for mt4 and mt5.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
elm-ea.com
Do I understand correctly that I can buy a version for mt4 OR for mt5 in the optimum package?

and the pro package already includes versions for mt4 and mt5.
That's right.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
elm-ea.com
Nowadays, working on MT4 is like using an iPhone 4. Why do you support this platform?
Hi, very good comparison :ROFLMAO:
My mum also has an iPhone 4, by the way. And she still uses it....
She started studying iPhones with iPhone 4 and has stayed with it ever since.
Unfortunately there are many such clients and there are still millions of traders who use Metatrader 4 and they think it is the best platform.

Although yes, I agree 100% that it is high time to switch to MT5 nowadays.

Wagner

Jun 28, 2012
I just downloaded the demo version. I'm working with Tickmill, they don't have MT5. What should I do?

Leomar

Apr 7, 2014
Do you really need this tikmill?
If so, trade on mt4... If you want to evolve, maybe you need to change broker.

Gilmar

Customer
Nov 5, 2012
I just downloaded the demo version. I'm working with Tickmill, they don't have MT5. What should I do?
I work with Tickmill MT4 - no problem.

Likewise, I work with Lmax MT4. But I don't like it much... Speed of execution is very high.

Fox

Mar 15, 2014
The internet is full of forex robots. Most of them are very difficult to use, written by programmers who are bad at coding, or simply created by crooks who want to make money by selling their miracle program, how are you better?

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
elm-ea.com