ELM EA does not open transactions

Billi

Jun 15, 2021
Hey guys.

I've started tests on this robot and I don't think it's as good as it should be.
Today is the second day the trading platform is up and running but no trades, what's the problem?

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
elm-ea.com
Hi,

Please note:

1. It is necessary to use a VPS server in London.
2. Do the installation through a template to avoid errors.
3. Install the algorithm on 6 currency pairs at once. In case you are using PRO version, install EA on currency pairs with spread less than 25 pips.

The number of deals depends on many factors, but the algorithm will never make empty deals if there is no signal. In some cases, in periods of low volatility, such as this week there are very few trades 0-2 per day. for the opti version and maybe a little more for the pro version.

On other days, the number of trades can be much higher and reach 10-20 trades per day.

Please be patient and as soon as market conditions arise, the algorithm will definitely open a deal.

Usually the greatest number of trades are made between Wednesday and Friday.
On Monday and Tuesday, the number of transactions is lowest.

How do I make sure that everything is okay?

1. The status on the chart ELM Start Analysis Market
2. Spread values on the chart change
3. In the Experts tab (trading robot's work log), you see the message
Connect to license server, OK

How to Increase Number of Trades?

1. Make sure you use a VPS server.
2. If you don't have patience and you want your robot to start opening trades as soon as possible you can try to change the following values in the parameters

VolumeOrderFlow = 0.7
Impulse = 1 or 1.5

But if you decrease these values, the accuracy of trades may be lower, but their number will definitely be higher.

I do not recommend doing this. in case you are not sure about your actions, it can lead to negative results.

3. Try to work with several brokers. Each broker has individual trading conditions. This can affect the number of trades. One broker has trades, the other does not.

Billi

Jun 15, 2021
Hi,

Please note:

globalforexforum.com

ELM EA does not open transactions

Hey guys. I've started tests on this robot and I don't think it's as good as it should be. Today is the second day the trading platform is up and running but no trades, what's the problem?
globalforexforum.com
globalforexforum.com

3. Install the algorithm on 6 currency pairs at once. In case you are using PRO version, install EA on currency pairs with spread less than 25 pips.

The number of deals depends on many factors, but the algorithm will never make empty deals if there is no signal. In some cases, in periods of low volatility, such as this week there are very few trades 0-2 per day. for the opti version and maybe a little more for the pro version.

On other days, the number of trades can be much higher and reach 10-20 trades per day.

Please be patient and as soon as market conditions arise, the algorithm will definitely open a deal.

Connect to license server, OK

2. If you don't have patience and you want your robot to start opening trades as soon as possible you can try to change the following values in the parameters

VolumeOrderFlow = 0.7
Impulse = 1 or 1.5

But if you decrease these values, the accuracy of trades may be lower, but their number will definitely be higher.

I do not recommend doing this. in case you are not sure about your actions, it can lead to negative results.

3. Try to work with several brokers. Each broker has individual trading conditions. This can affect the number of trades. One broker has trades, the other does not.
OK, I'll be waiting.

The only thing is, I'm using a server in New York, but I guess that shouldn't be a problem

Aljaz

Jun 15, 2021
IM Testing the EA on two different account. One Broker and VPS both in NY. No trades in last day. Second, broker and VPS in LD i had one profitable trade today.

Collin

Customer
Jan 18, 2014
IM Testing the EA on two different account. One Broker and VPS both in NY. No trades in last day. Second, broker and VPS in LD i had one profitable trade today.

I've had many discussions with Jared on this issue. But he always told me that use a VPS in London and everything will be okay. That's exactly what I'm doing.
Yeah, there's been a lull in the last couple of weeks. There's usually a lull in the summer before the storm. We wait.

I remember when my accounts were down for almost two weeks in January of '21. There were just no trades.

I like that ELM doesn't trade during periods of low volatility

Reactions: Mxgain369

Muzzyandy

Sep 1, 2021
Hello,

I have put all the files in the corresponding folders, loaded the template and the EA on to the charts but the panel does not load up. Any ideas on what I can do to rectify this please?

Thank you

Brock

Customer
Sep 1, 2011
Hello,

I have put all the files in the corresponding folders, loaded the template and the EA on to the charts but the panel does not load up. Any ideas on what I can do to rectify this please?

Thank you
Contact technical support, Jared or Arthur will help you quickly. In general, it is better to look through the installation instructions again and pay attention to the errors in the Expert tab, usually there are all the reasons why you have this problem(y)

zimbawe

Customer
Aug 24, 2021
Everyday is patience for me , but after a month not really many trade , still searching around broker which give many trade , or probably setting which I need to chance or probably else

Quincy

Customer
Nov 9, 2011
Hey guys.

I've started tests on this robot and I don't think it's as good as it should be.
Today is the second day the trading platform is up and running but no trades, what's the problem?
It is now summer - the market is sluggish, mostly in flat. This is a common thing for summer holidays. The robot has nothing to do with it. But soon things will pick up again as everyone is back from their summer holidays in Europe and North America.

Mxgain369

Customer
Jul 28, 2022
Dubai
Hi,

Please note:

VolumeOrderFlow = 0.7
Impulse = 1 or 1.5

Well noted ☺️

Mxgain369

Customer
Jul 28, 2022
Dubai
I've had many discussions with Jared on this issue. But he always told me that use a VPS in London and everything will be okay. That's exactly what I'm doing.
Yeah, there's been a lull in the last couple of weeks. There's usually a lull in the summer before the storm. We wait.

I remember when my accounts were down for almost two weeks in January of '21. There were just no trades.

I like that ELM doesn't trade during periods of low volatility
Nice information. And now what's the performance of the bot

Quincy

Customer
Nov 9, 2011
I think that the profitability of the bot depends on several conditions. This is volatility, and the VPS in London, and the right mode and the corresponding license.

Reactions: Sarcomarin

Mxgain369

Customer
Jul 28, 2022
Dubai
I think that the profitability of the bot depends on several conditions. This is volatility, and the VPS in London, and the right mode and the corresponding license.
I use the Pro version / London VPS chocoping / Using the default settings / bot installed in almost all the pairs which it can trade / Using FBS/ FTMO / NDDFX . FTMO is frequently doing trades but the account is in lose of around 2 % / FBS is doing fine with 2 % profit in one acc and the other one which use HELDE MODE is in 1 % loss ( I stared the BOT on 1/ Aug / 2022)

Quincy

Customer
Nov 9, 2011
I use the Pro version / London VPS chocoping / Using the default settings / bot installed in almost all the pairs which it can trade / Using FBS/ FTMO / NDDFX . FTMO is frequently doing trades but the account is in lose of around 2 % / FBS is doing fine with 2 % profit in one acc and the other one which use HELDE MODE is in 1 % loss ( I stared the BOT on 1/ Aug / 2022)
Write to Jared's technical support, he will tell you what you need to change in the settings. Because maybe you're doing something wrong.

Reactions: Mxgain369