ELM EA Professional

cavv

Customer
Jun 6, 2016
Why is no one talking about settings. Mode is important. And I have already taken this advice. There is much less risk in the game. But let's also talk about settings. Who and what thinks about this?

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
elm-ea.com
Jared, what do you think? Does it make sense? For example, I liked this idea, but I do not have such experience with this adviser. All the same, you worked for a long time in different modes both in calm and aggressive markets, so I'm interested in your opinion on this matter.
Hi! Aggressive settings, lead to an increase in the number of trades. On the one hand, it is a great option if you can not wait to see how the algorithm works, on the other hand, many of the signal filters to open trades, have reduced values. Thus, the number of false trades can be higher than when trading with the default settings.

Quincy

Customer
Nov 9, 2011
Why is no one talking about settings. Mode is important. And I have already taken this advice. There is much less risk in the game. But let's also talk about settings. Who and what thinks about this?
As the practice of working with this algorithm shows, the default settings are the most optimal way to work. But I also think it is important to know at least some of the basic parameters of ELM, which will allow you to adapt to the market or to the broker. Check it with the technical support. Jared will answer everything in detail and help you with this question.

Max Pro

Customer
Dec 26, 2022
I never changed the settings. I always have them by default. Most importantly, the adviser makes a profit. with these settings. As far as I know, in any software, the default settings are considered the most stable and optimal. What changes would you recommend? Maybe someone can share a set file for more profitable trading?

megainvest1

Customer
Jan 26, 2023
Switzerland
Hi. Someone have the same problem with the ELM Pro in Scalping mode, that since February 1, only 3 trades were executed?

Also, the error message that my account with 2600 CHF balance don't have enough money to execute the trade on February 9:

CS 0 06:45:04.225 [ELM EA]_Pro_2.1[MT5] (AUDJPY,M1) CTrade::OrderSend: market sell 1.13 AUDJPY sl: 92.079 tp: 90.679 [not enough money]
CS 0 06:45:04.248 [ELM EA]_Pro_2.1[MT5] (AUDJPY,M1) Can not create position sell 1.13 91.37900 sl 92.07900 tp 90.67900, error code 10019, not enough money

Thanks for your suggestions and helps in advance.

Regards

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
elm-ea.com
Hi. Someone have the same problem with the ELM Pro in Scalping mode, that since February 1, only 3 trades were executed?

Also, the error message that my account with 2600 CHF balance don't have enough money to execute the trade on February 9:

CS 0 06:45:04.225 [ELM EA]_Pro_2.1[MT5] (AUDJPY,M1) CTrade::OrderSend: market sell 1.13 AUDJPY sl: 92.079 tp: 90.679 [not enough money]
CS 0 06:45:04.248 [ELM EA]_Pro_2.1[MT5] (AUDJPY,M1) Can not create position sell 1.13 91.37900 sl 92.07900 tp 90.67900, error code 10019, not enough money

Thanks for your suggestions and helps in advance.

Regards
Hi ! The market is too quiet this months compared to December 2022. That's why a small number of deals in a low volatility market is the norm. More details here - https://elm-ea-forexforum.com/threads/elm-ea-does-not-open-transactions.415/

As for your error, which is indicated in the log, as you have already noticed, you should reduce the value in the parameter Authorisk and everything will be fine!

What deposit size and leverage do you work with in your account?

Virtual Trader

Customer
Jan 10, 2023
Hi all, how are you doing? I want to share my successes on a real account over the past few months. Despite the rather quiet March, I managed to earn $700, in February, I was also in profit and earned about $600 when working with the Pro version. Please tell me if you have set file to make more trades when market is flat. Thanks!

Reactions: tomo

Peter Watson

Feb 15, 2023
With which broker did you achieve such results? Do you scalp or hedge? I believe that several months is a serious time interval for evaluating algorithmic trading and a specific Expert Advisor. I am already at the stage of making a decision to buy this adviser and I will be glad to talk with you.

zombie

Customer
Jan 20, 2014
Interesting. Informative. Contributes to the acquisition of new knowledge about algorithmic trading. This forum helped me to retrain from an ordinary office clerk to a successful trader. The acquisition of this advisor has changed my whole life. I managed to return the loan to the bank and pay for the car. I am now a free person because I have a lot of free time. And most importantly, I am financially independent. And it all started with a random visit to this forum 3 years ago.

Roger Fight

Customer
Sep 16, 2022
The advantages of this algorithm include reliability. For me, reliability is, first of all, the safety of the deposit. For all the time of using the licensed version of PRO, I have never lost a deposit. I must admit that during serious geopolitical surges in the market, this algorithm allowed for a drawdown within 5-10% of the deposit. But I think that these are quite acceptable risk parameters. As a result of 12 months, my initial deposit was doubled. My investment in this EA has justified itself.

Vinicius

Customer
Jul 8, 2013
The license is a high-tech product. The developer managed to pick up all the necessary functionality. Thanks to this, the adviser shows results that exceed the average profit in the market. The presence of several licenses allows you to expand the opportunities for earning. Therefore, investing in this advisor was approved by my brokerage. Using this algorithm, we analyze the tick volume of a financial asset. And this allows us to make the final decision to open a position.

Peter Watson

Feb 15, 2023
The advantages of this algorithm include reliability. For me, reliability is, first of all, the safety of the deposit. For all the time of using the licensed version of PRO, I have never lost a deposit. I must admit that during serious geopolitical surges in the market, this algorithm allowed for a drawdown within 5-10% of the deposit. But I think that these are quite acceptable risk parameters. As a result of 12 months, my initial deposit was doubled. My investment in this EA has justified itself.
Very useful information. How often has this EA been in drawdown? I agree with you 10% is a small drawdown. I once had an adviser that allowed a drawdown of 50%. I paid 600 dollars for it to some German developer and, as a result, lost my deposit. Jared had a maximum drawdown of only 5% in the demo. In principle, I have money set aside for the purchase of this algorithm. Confuses only the lack of statistics on modes. I think this is an important point. I think everyone will be interested in which mode brings the most profit. I wonder what Jared has to say about this?

Ayee Walter

Customer
Dec 26, 2022
Very useful information. How often has this EA been in drawdown? I agree with you 10% is a small drawdown. I once had an adviser that allowed a drawdown of 50%. I paid 600 dollars for it to some German developer and, as a result, lost my deposit. Jared had a maximum drawdown of only 5% in the demo. In principle, I have money set aside for the purchase of this algorithm. Confuses only the lack of statistics on modes. I think this is an important point. I think everyone will be interested in which mode brings the most profit. I wonder what Jared has to say about this?
I use the scalping mode with the PRO version. In the first six months, I got rich by 2000 bucks. But for July and August, the profit was only $500. Total 2500 profit, but I expected at least 3000. I'm just an optimist. And during this period there is always calm. But autumn is coming soon and I think this algorithm will be able to accelerate my deposit again, because the profit is already on my card. If I manage to earn 5,000 bucks this year, I'll be happy. Now it's hard to find a profitable Expert Advisor on the market, so thanks to this project for the development.

Rainis

Customer
Aug 24, 2019
Peter, I bought this EA at a discount for the same money as you, but my results are just the opposite. Now my goal is to buy a crypto license. My friend has been using it for half a year and his results are even better than mine. But crypto is trending right now. There's crazy volatility, but also good returns. I vote for the default settings. I never changed them and everything is ok.

Pelican TD.

Feb 15, 2023
Peter, please specify for what period of time this EA was in drawdown for you? About 5 years ago I had an advisor who couldn’t get out of a drawdown for a week and I didn’t know what to do. This algorithm works in the demo without any drawdowns at all. How are things going in real life?

Ernestfx

Customer
Dec 26, 2022
]
Friends, this EA showed me a maximum drawdown of 5%. During the entire period of use, this happened 1 time, and he himself came out of the drawdown without a minus. It took him a couple of hours to do this. Since this topic is relevant to me, I would like to present to your attention an interesting post.

Let's define the terms. Drawdown in Forex is a decrease in the level of the initial deposit due to losses on trading transactions. There are several types of drawdowns:

Current drawdown. The current drawdown in Forex is a temporary, working drawdown that was formed as a result of open transactions that are now in the red. In this case, the size of the initial deposit does not change, but the amount of funds (equity) will fluctuate depending on the direction of the market. Nobody knows how this drawdown will be closed - with a plus or a minus, perhaps it will even disappear if the market reverses, so they begin to take it into account when the minus is already very significant. In this case, you need to think about the Money Management rules of your strategy.

Recorded drawdown. A recorded drawdown is a closed trade that was in a losing state at the time the decision was made to close the position. The recorded or, as it is also called, actual drawdown negatively affects the size of the deposit, reducing it by the percentage that was received as a result of closing the transaction.

Maximum drawdown. The maximum drawdown demonstrates the level of maximum deposit losses as a result of closing unprofitable trades for the entire trading period. It is calculated each time from the previous maximum deposit amount, and the largest value is selected. For example, there were three big minuses on the account: $300 with a deposit of $1000, $450 with a deposit of $2000 and $200 with a deposit of $2500. The maximum drawdown here will be $450.

Relative drawdown. Relative drawdown shows the maximum decrease in funds relative to the initial deposit, expressed as a percentage. This indicator is often taken into account in the analysis of a trading strategy, as it shows what losses the trader who uses it needs to assume. For example, if the relative drawdown is 20%, then with an initial deposit of $1000, the speculator will understand that it is necessary to close transactions and modify tactics when the current drawdown reaches $200.

The absolute drawdown shows how much the balance has decreased relative to the initial value. These data are similar to relative drawdown, but are expressed in the deposit currency.

If you indicate a drawdown, please specify what kind of drawdown it is, its size and for what period this drawdown is. Then we can compare the performance of different users and get real data. After all, the safety of the deposit depends on the drawdown.

Alexandre

Customer
Apr 4, 2020
I didn’t have any drawdowns with this EA. This is an irrelevant topic for this algorithm, since it does not sit out trades. It is also very important that this EA does not open trades in a flat position. Another plus is a good news filter that allows you to qualitatively analyze the market and the situation on it. And most importantly, it does not use martingale, which usually leads to drawdowns.

Reactions: Fatih Türkiye

Fatih Türkiye

Customer
Oct 21, 2023
I didn’t have any drawdowns with this EA. This is an irrelevant topic for this algorithm, since it does not sit out trades. It is also very important that this EA does not open trades in a flat position. Another plus is a good news filter that allows you to qualitatively analyze the market and the situation on it. And most importantly, it does not use martingale, which usually leads to drawdowns.
Hello, can I ask which brokers and what kind of account you are working on? I have worked on different accounts since I made a purchase, but in the last 15 days in a period of 1 month has opened 10 transactions and only one in the snow. I believe ELM is consistent, but I could not reach any profit in the licensed pro version. Could you please share with me which broker and account type you are working with?

cistern

Feb 17, 2022
I wonder what is the accuracy of the forecast of your PRO license for the EUR/USD currency pair? I am developing an investment strategy for investors in one of the European banks. The idea behind your algorithm seemed interesting to me. But I'm missing the math numbers. I’m also interested in what method do you use to determine the accuracy of the forecast for a given asset?