FXVM - 100% CPU usage

Anonymous

Customer
Jun 14, 2021
Australia
Today I purchased a 99 cents trial with FXVM for 7 days. The VPS is with 1 CPU core 2.25 GHz and 1.5 GB RAM.
After some hours I noticed a sudden 100% CPU load caused by the maintenance scheduler.

I had to disabled the maintenance tasks else it will return every day at 2:00 AM.

Having the MT4 window maximized has impact on the CPU load as well. Better let it minimized.
The picture is how it is now with the EA attached to 7 currency pairs.

1624838418683.png

Jesus

Customer
Apr 3, 2020
Hey, bro.

I also had such problems with them, even at paid rates, I think their servers are overloaded, the load is not distributed correctly so I stopped using them

Anonymous

Customer
Jun 14, 2021
Australia
Hey, bro.

I also had such problems with them, even at paid rates, I think their servers are overloaded, the load is not distributed correctly so I stopped using them
It is a single core CPU that has to work for both OS and Trade-terminal at the same time. A dual core would be better but for now it seems sufficient if you don't let the OS do other things besides the EA

Jesus

Customer
Apr 3, 2020
It is a single core CPU that has to work for both OS and Trade-terminal at the same time. A dual core would be better but for now it seems sufficient if you don't let the OS do other things besides the EA
Pay attention to the load during times of high volatility... The load can double

trader.p

Customer
Sep 25, 2021
I used to use them a while ago. Connections to servers in same geo location was very good. On big news time their servers if multi core ones are unusable. Sometimes I could not even connect to vps by rdp.
Jusr after 30 minutes after news Ibwas able to connect again.
As ELM makes most trades in that volatile time, their vps is useless!

From Jarreds advice I changed to chocoping and am happy. Just they don't offer servers in asia which would be interesting for some brokers there.

cavv

Customer
Jun 6, 2016
I fully agree with you that Chokoping is a good place to work. The price and quality of vps servers are on par. As practice shows, chocoping is the best option for an ELM EA.

cistern

Feb 17, 2022
100% CPU usage can be caused by a large number of open trading platforms and currency pairs on them.

zombie

Customer
Jan 20, 2014
Today I purchased a 99 cents trial with FXVM for 7 days. The VPS is with 1 CPU core 2.25 GHz and 1.5 GB RAM.
After some hours I noticed a sudden 100% CPU load caused by the maintenance scheduler.

I had to disabled the maintenance tasks else it will return every day at 2:00 AM.

Having the MT4 window maximized has impact on the CPU load as well. Better let it minimized.
The picture is how it is now with the EA attached to 7 currency pairs.

View attachment 4066
When working with this advisor (PRO license), my processor is loaded at a maximum of 30% and everything works fine and does not freeze. I don’t understand, are you working from a laptop? Now there are powerful gadgets on sale that can handle MT5 and this license without any problems. This is how I work on vacation.