INSTALLING AN EXPERT ADVISOR ON A TRADING ACCOUNT

gsantahu2

Customer
Oct 12, 2021
Hello!
Yes, I worked successfully for a few months with this broker. If you also plan to do it, then use MT5, because when working with this platform there is a chance that you will avoid large slippages on your account, which by the way for FTMO, is not uncommon.
Hey Brock. I am on FTMO as well for about 6 month now on the MT5 platform running on VPS. Slippage is def an issue on ftmo. If you don't mind what settings works for you? Asking since running on mt5 the EA barely breaks even month to month. However on MT4(demo mode) is consistently doing well 3-5% avg....Using the same settings on both, running in scalping mode, 2.0. One of the diff I see is OrderOpenSlippage=100 on mt5 vs MT4 default setting is 0. Have you tweaked the EA at all from the default settings for FTMO?

m3svcs

Customer
Jun 21, 2021
Hello support

I tried installing the Opt v1.8 Demo on my Hetzner VPS, but the status is 'unreadable', is there any workaround? I can't tell if it's working or not. I'll switch to TickMill later to see it works.

Any suggestion?

Thank you very much.

Attachments

• FBS.jpg
    FBS.jpg
    420.1 KB · Views: 13

Ameer

Customer
Jan 7, 2017
Try restarting the trading platform and check the logs from the Expert tab for errors. The EA is not affected in any way.

rajb84

Aug 10, 2022
Hi, I tried installing the MT5Professional Demo and had problems following your instruction as it just wouldn't install all the parts, in the end I manually installed into the relevant directories. So now I have loaded the templates. I loaded the Overview panel and it says disconectd. As in the pic. Please can I get some help to get it working? It is on a VPS.

I dont know what happened I just loaded the EA again and it started working, however it doesnt like GBPNZD, the error message is something like "Please select a Symbol Name"

Attachments

• EMusk.png
    EMusk.png
    115.8 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Ameer

Customer
Jan 7, 2017
buddy, in this case, immediately look at the expert tab, an error or the cause of your problem will be indicated there. Most likely, you will just need to select the name of the currency pair in the EA settings.

dbBB

Customer
Oct 10, 2022
Where I have to write to get any support from Jared???
On telegram he don't answer from 3 days.
On forum the same.
Where I can get any help about problem with the system?

I bought on Sunday and I have information in MT4 that password or login to license server is wrong.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
elm-ea.com
Where I have to write to get any support from Jared???
On telegram he don't answer from 3 days.
On forum the same.
Where I can get any help about problem with the system?

I bought on Sunday and I have information in MT4 that password or login to license server is wrong.
Hi ! I'm in touch for my clients for about 16-18 hours a day , I have not received any messages from you in my personal telgram- @develonbot.

Where do you write your messages?

Mr.Bradley

Customer
May 29, 2023
I installed an advisor. Everything turned out to be easier than I thought. There are no errors in the log. What actions need to be taken so that the adviser works around the clock without my intervention? Do I need to leave my computer on, or can I minimize all windows and go about my business?

richie hunt

Customer
Sep 16, 2022
I installed an advisor. Everything turned out to be easier than I thought. There are no errors in the log. What actions need to be taken so that the adviser works around the clock without my intervention? Do I need to leave my computer on, or can I minimize all windows and go about my business?
If you have a VPS server or a dedicated server, your advisor will work around the clock even when the computer is turned off, without your intervention. This is the advantage of algorithmic trading over conventional trading. Install everything, connect it and receive your passive income for life.