Manual Trading vs. EA Trading

Peter Watson

Feb 15, 2023
Hey! My name is Peter, how are you? :)
As a trader, I have always wondered why algorithmic trading is so popular? After all, there are a huge number of indicators, books, manuals, videos, trading systems for ordinary currency trading.
It would seem that everyone can open an account and start earning money by manually opening orders. But as statistics show, 90% of traders lose their deposit.
I think this is probably why more and more traders prefer algorithmic trading. It would be interesting to know the views of members of the forum on this issue.
Maybe someone will share his own story, how he started trading with an adviser and why:unsure:

cavv

Customer
Jun 6, 2016
Let me tell you my Forex trading story. I began to be interested in this topic about 7 years ago. Like everyone else, at first I used ready-made strategies for manual trading, which are full on the Internet. Naturally, the result was at best zero. Having gained some experience, I began to come up with some simple strategies of my own using conventional indicators, which are also abundant on the Internet in the public domain. I started to win sometimes. But unfortunately the results were still very unstable. This was naturally very annoying and depressing. All the same, it took almost all of my free time to develop my strategy. I bought several paid strategies for manual trading. Despite the good reviews on the Internet, I just threw money away. After analyzing my mistakes, I came to the conclusion that my problem lies in excessive emotionality. I often entered trades simply under the influence of emotions, instead of following the rules. Naturally, there was no question of any good result, since I still could not cope with my emotions. Once my friend told me about algorithmic trading and gave me a link to a couple of simple free advisers, the strategy of which was based on the principle of Martingale. In such a rather simple way, I got into algorithmic trading. But free cheese only happens in a mousetrap. Trade with the help of free "turkeys"
brought only moral satisfaction, since emotionally I was calm. The financial result was still zero. But about two years ago, on one of the forums, I came across information about ELM EA. Began to correspond with the developer, ask questions. After some time, I became the owner of the license. Today, without false modesty, I can say that I have a financial result and I am very happy about it. Thanks to Jared, I understood the difference between a regular free "dummy" and a serious professional algorithm. And I don’t even want to talk about trading manually. These are absolutely incomparable things. No wonder banks, hedge funds and market makers use automated trading systems like this one.

Reactions: tomo

Rainis

Customer
Aug 24, 2019
Hi Cavv, I also traded manually for a very long time using various indicators and strategies. And unfortunately I did not have stable results due to lack of time. And that depressed me a lot. I understand you perfectly. I think most traders have gone through this. Algo trading has become the only optimal solution for me. I really liked the process of Forex trading and I set myself the goal of realizing myself in this business. I purchased several Expert Advisors and got my first experience in algorithmic trading. There was no profit, but I did not lose heart. The process itself captivated me. Somehow, by chance, I came across this forum and entered into a correspondence with Jared. He advised me to download a demo first. Testing of the demo version lasted for several months, the first stable results appeared. I bought a license and since then it has been my main source of income.

vis-a-vis

Customer
Jan 10, 2023
Manual trading requires iron nerves and balls of steel, plus free time and the ability to understand and anticipate market movements. I don't have anything from this list. That's why I bought this Expert Advisor and thanks to the time saved and the money I got from trading, I can take care of family affairs and children. And this is the most important thing in life for me.

Ayden

Customer
Sep 19, 2019
hi , In our modern society and in the age of new technologies it is strange to compare a person and any software. After all, developments have gone far ahead and, unfortunately, not everyone has enough time and, most importantly, finances, to be in this trend and keep up with everything. But I can say that with the appearance of trading robots trader's life became much easier.

the most important thing is to understand what you're going to buy and how it works, in order to get the right settings. And to understand that even though these trading bots are fully automatic, without the user's participation and correct manipulation, they are just a code. So always think with your head and you will succeed!

Alexandre

Customer
Apr 4, 2020
Why are you asking the question like that? I know several successful traders who trade with advisors and manually. I don't think one interferes with the other. I would look at it from a different angle. If you, for example, have purchased this advisor, you will have free time and finances that you can invest in the stock market, for example. And earn at the same time and there and there. I personally did just that. All the money earned with the help of this adviser, I invested in stocks on the stock market.