Memory consumption ELM 2.1 Pro V2.1

trader.p

Customer
Sep 25, 2021
Hey folks,

just yesterday I installed ELM V2.1 on my VPS after reading a lot of threads. As I understand, Jared suggests to load 1 chart per supported pair. I pre-filtered some pairs, which my broker has too high spread and ended with 16 pairs. As I took a look on task manager I recognized that almost 1.5GB ram was allocated by the MT5 process.
Hence I started to tweak some MT5 settings such as max bars in chart, etc. I also reduced the number of charts to now 13. This is what Resource Monitor states at the moment:

ImagePIDHard Faults/secCommit (KB)Working Set (KB)Shareable (KB) Private (KB)
terminal64.exe234001,351,0161,122,76473,704 1,049,060

This Chocoping VPS has in total 3GB menory and is basically fine with 1 instance of MT5 and ELM. However, I was thinking to have at least 2 to 3 instances on it, especially as CPU is a bit bored around 15%.
So, for those that are using ELM V2.1 pro version for a bit longer than me on MT5 and mybe also with my broker FP Markets, what are the most active and profitable pairs for you? I would reduce the number of charts as each appears to consume around 50 t0 100 MB of memory.

Please, all that are using MT4 with all supported pairs, what are your experiences on memory consumption?

Thanks for all answers!

House Trader

Customer
Sep 16, 2022
I think the problem is most likely in a weak computer. For algorithmic trading, the most powerful processor is recommended. I use a professional gaming computer and have no such problems. As for Chocoping, they have a 4GB package for $32/month. I think this should be enough for you. If you have questions ask.

Rainis

Customer
Aug 24, 2019
Colleague, I do not advise you to reduce the number of pairs and the number of charts. I have been working with a PRO license for a long time and based on my experience I will tell you that this EA gives the maximum effect only if you do everything according to the instructions.

This license assumes that you have professional equipment. Algorithmic trading is difficult to do on a laptop or phone. But if you do everything according to the instructions, then your profit will be maximum.

Risk Manager

Feb 15, 2023
Buddy, no need to be smart. Why reduce the number of pairs and thereby reduce profits? There are brokers with adequate spreads, such as Rakuten. I think you can find other brokers on your own. As for the rafiks, my opinion is similar, why reduce their number? Now all traders have powerful VPS servers. They pull 26 charts without any problems.