Microsoft Azure

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
elm-ea.com
Has anyone experience with Azure?
If so, can you tell which instance you have chosen.

The difference between any providers of various servers, from professional servers for forex traders in the location. As a rule, professional servers are located in data centers processing financial information, in London it is Equinix: LD3/4

Usual web servers are located somewhere nearby. So pings will be higher anyway.

Anonymous

Customer
Jun 14, 2021
Australia
The difference between any providers of various servers, from professional servers for forex traders in the location. As a rule, professional servers are located in data centers processing financial information, in London it is Equinix: LD3/4

Usual web servers are located somewhere nearby. So pings will be higher anyway.
I am aware the difference can be a few milliseconds.
But even with the 20ms at home I get excellent results on a demo account.
With a real-account a VPS and latency of 1.9ms, I get slippage higher than specified by the broker.
So what I think is important is where my order is located in the queue
Which brings me to the question: What has the most negative impact on the quality of trade-execution (slippage).
Is it:
a) the extra delay even if it's in an order of a few milliseconds because the VPS is in another datacenter.
b) the number of routers between the VPS and the trade-server. (data-package congestion)
c) Lot of traders using the same algorithm wanting to trade at exactly the same tick (instantly exhausting the available liquidity).
d) a secret data-package priority agreement between broker and professional clients. (if it exist)

Reactions: yarelismarn

yarelismarn

Customer
Jul 4, 2021
I am aware the difference can be a few milliseconds.
But even with the 20ms at home I get excellent results on a demo account.
With a real-account a VPS and latency of 1.9ms, I get slippage higher than specified by the broker.
So what I think is important is where my order is located in the queue
Which brings me to the question: What has the most negative impact on the quality of trade-execution (slippage).
Is it:
a) the extra delay even if it's in an order of a few milliseconds because the VPS is in another datacenter.
b) the number of routers between the VPS and the trade-server. (data-package congestion)
c) Lot of traders using the same algorithm wanting to trade at exactly the same tick (instantly exhausting the available liquidity).
d) a secret data-package priority agreement between broker and professional clients. (if it exist)
I have the same problem and question…