Question about vps server location

Dave_K

Customer
Aug 20, 2022
Switzerland
Hello,

I have a question about the vps server location. I had liked to use Pepperstone as broker. They seem to have servers
in Londen and NY (and a few more cities). Among information, that I have found, the latency to them from London
is about 70ms, and from NY < 2ms. Wouldn't make it sense, to chose NY as vps server location ?

Thanks

phil

Customer
Jun 22, 2022
Hello,

I have a question about the vps server location. I had liked to use Pepperstone as broker. They seem to have servers
in Londen and NY (and a few more cities). Among information, that I have found, the latency to them from London
is about 70ms, and from NY < 2ms. Wouldn't make it sense, to chose NY as vps server location ?

Thanks
I asked the same thing to Jared. He said London, despite the less favourable latency.

Quincy

Customer
Nov 9, 2011
Hello! doesn't the PPS broker have a server in London? I think I worked with them once, the results were excellent

Rainis

Customer
Aug 24, 2019
Worked with them on the real at one time period. Everything was fine. I had no complaints to them.

richie hunt

Customer
Sep 16, 2022
I have never used a VPS server before, and to be honest, I do not quite understand its purpose. What exactly does it give? What benefit does it bring? And most importantly, why is the server location so important? Why London? It turns out that if I rent a VPS server with a minimum ping, all my transactions will be profitable? And I'll get rich right away?

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
elm-ea.com
I have never used a VPS server before, and to be honest, I do not quite understand its purpose. What exactly does it give? What benefit does it bring? And most importantly, why is the server location so important? Why London? It turns out that if I rent a VPS server with a minimum ping, all my transactions will be profitable? And I'll get rich right away?
Hi
Working with the right VPS server will give you the best trading conditions for ELM and your broker.

In other words the closer you are to your broker's trading server, the less ping you get and the better trading conditions that allow you to generate profits on your accounts

richie hunt

Customer
Sep 16, 2022
Thanks Jared, I've already paid for the 12 month VPS server rental. Everything worked out as you said. Trading conditions have improved. I'll post the results on the forum.

zombie

Customer
Jan 20, 2014
I agree with Jared, with or without VPS server - results may vary. I checked it on my accounts. Better take Jared's advice. Some on this forum complain about not having trades or poor results. Instead of complaining, it's better to carefully read and look at the installation instructions again and study this forum. I am sure that after this your profit will increase several times. This happened to me.

Gavinrage

Jun 21, 2023
I agree with Jared, with or without VPS server - results may vary. I checked it on my accounts. Better take Jared's advice. Some on this forum complain about not having trades or poor results. Instead of complaining, it's better to carefully read and look at the installation instructions again and study this forum. I am sure that after this your profit will increase several times. This happened to me.
Hi, yes you are right. my ping to the trading servers of broker Fusion about 80ms, and with the use of VPS server ping is 3-7ms . Of course it makes sense to pay rent when there is such a difference in trading conditions.

zombie

Customer
Jan 20, 2014
It is obvious. Savings on renting a VPS server can go sideways. $20-30 a month is a penny. But the difference in ping is impressive. 10 times!!! It's the little things like that that make a successful trade. I am glad that you have seen this in practice. Happy trading!!!