What is a VPS server and why do we need one for trading?

Martin-S

Customer
Dec 26, 2022
Does anyone experience sudden ping spikes? It happened to me a couple of times and I don’t understand what’s going on? On Roboforex, my usual ping is 40 milliseconds, but sometimes the jump can be up to 120 milliseconds. And naturally this affects the work of the adviser.

Caleb

Customer
Dec 26, 2022
Does anyone experience sudden ping spikes? It happened to me a couple of times and I don’t understand what’s going on? On Roboforex, my usual ping is 40 milliseconds, but sometimes the jump can be up to 120 milliseconds. And naturally this affects the work of the adviser.
This happens not only on Roboforex. The best thing in this situation is a dedicated server. No broker is immune to ping surges. It's better to take control of the situation.

Bronfip

Oct 19, 2023
It because of different roots for the signal. In fact providers have several network providers connected to their DataCanters. So you can check that along with your hosted solution provider.

Martin-S

Customer
Dec 26, 2022
It because of different roots for the signal. In fact providers have several network providers connected to their DataCanters. So you can check that along with your hosted solution provider.
Thanks for the answer. The broker's support tells me that this is a problem in MetaTrader itself, and that this problem happens to all brokers. But the guys from MetaQuotes deny that they have this problem and say that the brokers are cheating. I have not encountered ping spikes with other brokers. I wonder if anyone else on the site has encountered a similar problem?

Virtual Trader

Customer
Jan 10, 2023
The broker doesn't care what his ping is. The broker needs your money. The support of any broker will tell you that everything is fine with them and that you have a problem with the provider or with your eyes. Therefore, the ping problem is your problem. And it's up to you to decide. VPS Chocoping solves this problem for me. I don't have any ping spikes. I'm happy.

Ernestfx

Customer
Dec 26, 2022
Any broker can have ping spikes. It is a fact. There is a resource where this topic is seriously raised and this issue has already been discussed on this forum. Therefore, whether you like it or not, you need a VPS. And this is also a fact. The problem is that even the VPS does not give a 100% guarantee. A couple of times my ping rose to 50 milliseconds when the VPS was turned on. But then there were very sharp spikes in volatility in the market caused by the news. I think this is what affected the ping.

lohohoh

Sep 3, 2022
Forex VPS should meet 7 criteria for successful trading. Success begins with the right choice of a server.
1. Low Ping
2. Dedicated And Safe Resources
3. Continuous Work
4. Servers Preventive Measure
5. Access ToThe Machine From The Web
6. Stable Virtualization Technology
7. Easy And Optimized Operating System

Ameer

Customer
Jan 7, 2017
Forex VPS should meet 7 criteria for successful trading. Success begins with the right choice of a server.
1. Low Ping
2. Dedicated And Safe Resources
3. Continuous Work
4. Servers Preventive Measure
5. Access ToThe Machine From The Web
6. Stable Virtualization Technology
7. Easy And Optimized Operating System
Buddy, you forgot one more criterion - reasonable price. For example, in Chokoping I use a package for $32. This is complete full package . I'm happy.