What is a VPS server and why do we need one for trading?

Easter

Jun 20, 2022
VPS server is the system that helps to monitor records of trading without any interruption. It works like a ROBOT system

We need this forex VPS trading server as we want a continued data from the trading market. And then only we can trade so well.

The best forex trading server providers are DedicatedCore and DomainRacer. They offer services with a low latency structure and high accuracy.

zombie

Customer
Jan 20, 2014
Guys, are there any statistics on ELM_EA trading with and without VPS? What exactly is the effect of this VPS ? After all, you have to pay for it too. On this forum many users trade with VPS on real accounts. I have no such experience.

Jesus

Customer
Apr 3, 2020
Guys, are there any statistics on ELM_EA trading with and without VPS? What exactly is the effect of this VPS ? After all, you have to pay for it too. On this forum many users trade with VPS on real accounts. I have no such experience.
Hey!
How did you get into algorithmic trading if you don't know what a VPS server is and what it's for?
Working with a bot like ELM EA must necessarily be using a VPS server, otherwise you will simply earn nothing.

You can spend some time and read about it on the website - https://elonmuskea.com/exactly-how-set-up-and-also-configuration-vps-web-server/.

zombie

Customer
Jan 20, 2014
Hi, thanks for the recommendation, yes I really had no experience in algorithmic trading before, but I want to start with ELM_EA for real. How do you like trading with this EA? How are the results? What terminal are you using?

Reactions: Delight

windsong

Sep 22, 2022
Jared, I noticed you recommend London located vps for ELM EA. Should I select a trusted vps server location based on my broker location for the lowest latency or do you always suggest London location vps with this EA no matter what (for some reason)?

Reactions: MagThy

cavv

Customer
Jun 6, 2016
Jared, I noticed you recommend London located vps for ELM EA. Should I select a trusted vps server location based on my broker location for the lowest latency or do you always suggest London location vps with this EA no matter what (for some reason)?
Buddy, there is only one reason, the VPS server should be located as close as possible to the liquidity provider. It's in your own interest. And believe me, this is a very important point. After I chose a VPS server in London, the number of profitable trades increased by 50%. Don't ignore this important point.

tomo

Customer
Oct 8, 2022
Buddy, there is only one reason, the VPS server should be located as close as possible to the liquidity provider. It's in your own interest. And believe me, this is a very important point. After I chose a VPS server in London, the number of profitable trades increased by 50%. Don't ignore this important point.
yes that's right, I tried 3 vps france, usa and london. best result is vps in london location

cavv

Customer
Jun 6, 2016
yes that's right, I tried 3 vps france, usa and london. best result is vps in london location
Yes, it is a very important nuance to be as close as possible to the liquidity provider. This directly affects profits.

Rainis

Customer
Aug 24, 2019
In my opinion, now even children already know what a VPS server is and why it is needed. Guys, we live in the 21st century. Now trading without VPS means completely transferring control over transactions to your broker. Moreover, the cost of renting a VPS server is a penny, and it brings us thousands of dollars. That's some interesting savings.

Mr.Bradley

Customer
May 29, 2023
Jared, after installing the licensed version in MT5 at the Tikmil broker, in the lower right corner I saw the VPS icon of this broker. Ping 0.36 milliseconds and the cost of renting 15 bucks / month. Do you think it is worth dealing with this VPS provider or is it better to use the services of a neutral provider, such as Chocoping?

testdev163

Jan 28, 2023
Jared, after installing the licensed version in MT5 at the Tikmil broker, in the lower right corner I saw the VPS icon of this broker. Ping 0.36 milliseconds and the cost of renting 15 bucks / month. Do you think it is worth dealing with this VPS provider or is it better to use the services of a neutral provider, such as Chocoping?
On embedded vps you won't be able to use import dll. Need to use third party ones like choco

richie hunt

Customer
Sep 16, 2022
I have VPS Chocoping. It provides high-quality hosting that creates conditions for uninterrupted work. I'm away almost all the time.

I am at my PC from time to time. My trading terminal is turned on around the clock, and there is no dependence on the speed of the Internet connection. I would also like to note the low ping, which reduces the risk of “slippage”.
Well, absolutely democratic prices.

Risk Manager

Feb 15, 2023
I work with several custom EAs without any VPS servers. To be honest, this is the first time I have come across information that the VPS server somehow positively affects the result. I do not understand why pay 30 bucks a month for server rental? Many brokers offer this VPS for free. For example, I do not need it for nothing. Maybe someone wants to refute my point of view? Ready to listen to arguments.

Ayden

Customer
Sep 19, 2019
What is VPS?

A VPS (Virtual Private Server) is your own private server hosted in the cloud or on the Internet. It works 24/7 and is constantly online. It keeps its own copy of the operating system (OS) running, but it doesn't take up any space on your computer. Therefore, you can safely leave your computer unattended - it will still work.
VPS allows you to run automatic algorithmic strategies or use trading advisors or bots around the clock on a remote server, regardless of your personal PC and any effort on your part.

How does VPS work?

The technology that provides VPS is the division of one very powerful server into several sections. While the server as a whole is shared, your portion of the virtual private server is for your use only. So you don't have to share CPU, RAM or data with anyone! Due to the absence of interference from any external sources, you will have a constant connection with this server.

Vinicius

Customer
Jul 8, 2013
The VPS at Tikmil performed poorly. The broker is normal, but the ping is high. It is clear that any broker wants to make money on you. Yes, it provides good trading conditions, and this is important for me. But is it really impossible to do a normal ping. You have to rent a server from Chocoping. Thank God the prices are normal and adequate. All technical characteristics are beyond praise. This adviser gives me a stable passive income and this is enough for me to live.

ProfitFactorFX

Customer
Sep 16, 2022
No broker can give you a free VPS with normal ping. This is out of the question. Free cheese only comes in a mousetrap. You did the right thing by renting a server from Choсoping. A positive result will not take long to arrive. I think this is the best choice. I also rent a server there.