What risk settings have you tried with ELM EA?

Mikk

Customer
May 12, 2021
What are the permissible values of the settings to get the maximum profit and avoid large losses?

Jude

Apr 29, 2019
I work with the default settings, the standard templates are quite enough, why invent something new.

mr_fanto

Jul 4, 2012
Jared specifically created two templates Aggressive set and set with default settings that allow to work with almost any broker. If you search the forum threads, you can find Jared's posts where he mentioned this more than once.

Klayver

Nov 23, 2016
What are the permissible values of the settings to get the maximum profit and avoid large losses?
If you want to experiment and make the EA work in critical conditions, of course, you can increase the number of deals by changing the parameters VOF and impulses, but in this case you will lose accuracy of entering the trade, and thus increase the probability that it will close with a negative balance. You can check this yourself by working with the demo version. Try it and see for yourself:cautious:

sense

Customer
Feb 18, 2020
The default setting is the average value between risk and profit, this is the optimal value

Rogers29

Customer
Dec 14, 2021
Hello, in Professional 1.8 I have 2 default set files: Default_currency_set and Default_currency_no_hedge.I would like to know what is the difference between both as I started using the EA just a week ago and haven't had much experience with it.
Also, a few days ago I found a page in this forum with an explanation of all settings but I can't find it now. Any clue will be greatly appreciated.
Last, I have the Ea running on 15 pairs. I excluded the NZD pairs and a few more but some advice on selection of pairs by experienced users would also be appreciated. Thank you.

Tripp

Customer
Mar 30, 2020
my experiments with demo and live settings have only confirmed that the default settings are the safest and most profitable. many users neglect this recommendation by Jared and get negative results. But Jared, as the developer of ELM_EA, knows better than all of us put together what settings are needed for profitable and safe trading. Listen to his recommendations if you want to have a profit on your account.