Which of the ELM modes to choose: scalping or hedging?

John G

Sep 16, 2022
I want to start testing ELM on my demo account. Do not tell me which mode to choose for a successful start?

Rainis

Customer
Aug 24, 2019
Based on my experience with this Expert Advisor, I decided to cover this topic. I think this is a very important and relevant topic that many people ignore and do not understand. But with the right approach to choosing a mode, you can easily earn money, both in an active and in a calm market. The rule for choosing the mode is as follows: in an active and aggressive market, you choose the hedge mode, thereby leveling the risks. In a calm market, you choose the scalping mode and thereby increase the number of transactions and your profit. By following this simple rule, you will be insured against unforeseen risks, which abounds in the Forex market.

Ernestfx

Customer
Dec 26, 2022
I prefer to hedge my risks. This is one of the reasons why I bought this EA. I have not found such an option in any other. This is what distinguishes this algorithm from many others. All Expert Advisors on the market mainly scalp or use Martingale. Of course, this is only my subjective opinion, but the profit on my account confirms my innocence.

cavv

Customer
Jun 6, 2016
Friends, for example, I use both modes, and the coolest thing is that both bring me profit. I have learned to determine the moment when I need this or that mode. For me they are both very important and necessary. Therefore, I would call this branch like this - which of the modes brings you more money? And I would love to support this discussion.

cavv

Customer
Jun 6, 2016
Hey, when the market is quiet, I scalp. And when the news background is increased, I insure using the hedge mode. I also pay attention to the number of transactions in previous days, if there were a lot of them, then there may be a period of calm further. And if, on the contrary, there were few of them, then there may be a surge in the market. I'm not afraid to improvise. This adviser gives me the necessary psychological stability, so I do not worry about the safety of the deposit.

Reactions: testdev163

Quincy

Customer
Nov 9, 2011
Why choose? Use both modes. And you will profit. This is the same as choosing between a wife and a mistress. What is the point? Live with both and you will be happy.

moondogg

Customer
Jun 11, 2017
In December and January I scalped on Tickmill. Due to the low volatility in the market, I was able to balance my trading, because this is the best time for scalping. One complements the other. I will start hedging in March. I did this last year and everything was ok.

Pelican TD.

Feb 15, 2023
In December and January I scalped on Tickmill. Due to the low volatility in the market, I was able to balance my trading, because this is the best time for scalping. One complements the other. I will start hedging in March. I did this last year and everything was ok.
Thanks for the idea. I think this is a very common sense approach. (Instead of hedging in winter, when the market is sluggish, it is better to scalp!!!) You reassured me. It turns out you just need to change the mode and some settings. It would seem simple, but I didn’t even think of it.

PolakitoPC

Customer
Feb 11, 2023
Hi would you share your results? also what VPS service do you use?
how about settings? default or any modification?
i appreciate your answer.

moondogg

Customer
Jun 11, 2017
Hi would you share your results? also what VPS service do you use?
how about settings? default or any modification?
i appreciate your answer.
Over the past 3 months I have withdrawn $1350 to my card. If we compare with last year’s winter, the results are similar. From this I can draw the following conclusion- my strategy is justified. My VPS provider is always Chokoping. I don't see any point in changing it. Most often I use the default settings, but as you understand, the market is never static and you have to improvise. The main thing in the settings is the golden mean, so that there are no extremes. That is, all meanings must be congruent. And if I need help setting up, I ask Jared and he sends me a set file or connects personally to my vps.

lohohoh

Sep 3, 2022
Over the past 3 months I have withdrawn $1350 to my card. If we compare with last year’s winter, the results are similar. From this I can draw the following conclusion- my strategy is justified. My VPS provider is always Chokoping. I don't see any point in changing it. Most often I use the default settings, but as you understand, the market is never static and you have to improvise. The main thing in the settings is the golden mean, so that there are no extremes. That is, all meanings must be congruent. And if I need help setting up, I ask Jared and he sends me a set file or connects personally to my vps.
Good afternoon, how does the advisor behave during the release of important news and during a flat? On the demo version, he simply waits out these events. How are things going in real life? Were losses recorded in the flat and on the news?

moondogg

Customer
Jun 11, 2017
Good afternoon, how does the advisor behave during the release of important news and during a flat? On the demo version, he simply waits out these events. How are things going in real life? Were losses recorded in the flat and on the news?
Hello, thanks to the built-in news filter, the situation is under control. During a flat, this EA simply analyzes the market. No differences were noticed between the demo and the real thing. Any game for money involves transactions with a negative indicator. The main thing is that the number of winning trades exceeds the number of losing trades. In this EA this ratio is 6 to 4.