YOUR RESULTS FROM THE DEMO/REAL ACCOUNTS

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
elm-ea.com
Hello, dear customers!

I created this topic so that we can discuss here what kind of results you get when working with ELM_EA

Please feel free to post here and tell us about the brokers you work with.

Jalen

Customer
Jan 18, 2014
Hello! After the last update my results dropped drastically. I work with IС Market broker on MT4 trading platform. With the previous version 1.2 Professional , I was getting good weekly growth and minimal drawdown. What's the matter?

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
elm-ea.com
Hello! After the last update my results dropped drastically. I work with IС Market broker on MT4 trading platform. With the previous version 1.2 Professional , I was getting good weekly growth and minimal drawdown. What's the matter?
Hi ! Hm, very interesting. I'm pretty sure that the work of the EA has nothing to do with it, because IC Market has long shown itself as a unstable broker with constant slippage and slow speed of execution. I got the last satisfactory results a few years ago. Their servers have a critical load from the large flow of clients, it directly affects the work of the EA and the algorithm is absolutely irrelevant.

Jalen

Customer
Jan 18, 2014
Thanks for the information. I will consider choosing another broker. But is a slippage of 5-7 pips big?

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
elm-ea.com
Thanks for the information. I will consider choosing another broker. But is a slippage of 5-7 pips big?
Of course, if you are not a beginner in trading, then you know that working with any advisor whose strategy is based on high frequency scalping, slippage of 2 pips already affects the result, and it's not the fault of the trading robot, so you need a thorough approach to the selection of a broker or read the theme with a list of recommended brokers. There is a dense discussion and comparison of results there - it will help you!

Kyrie

Customer
Nov 4, 2018
Hi all!
I tried different settings, but my results on my real account are different from my demo account, even though I have been working with this broker for several years and have had great results.

Mateus

Dec 9, 2014
Very strange argument in favor of the permanent choice of broker, I wonder what kind of broker :confused: Surely there are full-fledged reasons for your failure to work on a real account with your broker ! I could help you if you give me more information about your problem. As a rule the main reasons for this difference in results between demo and real accounts agree to one opinion and that is the work of the broker or the trader's mistake:unsure:

Kyrie

Customer
Nov 4, 2018
What kind of errors can we talk about? ECN account type in both cases, the same currency pairs and settings for each of them, but on the real account twice less trades than on the demo.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
elm-ea.com
What kind of errors can we talk about? ECN account type in both cases, the same currency pairs and settings for each of them, but on the real account twice less trades than on the demo.
Hello !
As years of testing have shown, the difference between a demo and real account is only in the differences in the quality of the broker's work and provision of trading services to its clients. Sometimes it happens that even two completely identical accounts with the same settings and currency pairs at the same broker give different results. For my part I provide completely identical versions both for demo and real accounts.
If I were you, I would contact your broker's support and ask about this.

Kyrie

Customer
Nov 4, 2018
Thank you for the information! I just recently started working with Expert Advisors, before that I was trading manually, so I am learning everything all over again.
Please tell me if I use a VPS server in New York, and my broker's branch is in London, how does this affect my results?

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
elm-ea.com
Thank you for the information! I just recently started working with Expert Advisors, before that I was trading manually, so I am learning everything all over again.
Please tell me if I use a VPS server in New York, and my broker's branch is in London, how does this affect my results?
Now I understand the reason of your failures!)
This is the main problem in working with Expert Advisors - do not use a VPS server at all or have it where it is not needed.
The recommended place for a VPS server is London, because that is where the biggest liquidity providers and offices of big brokers are located.
I advise you to change from New York to London and you will see the difference in the results.

Shepherd

Customer
Feb 5, 2011
Hi! I want to share with you the results of the Optimum version EA on mt5 at Fibo Group broker. On my demo and real account the trades are almost the same and outweigh the positives in favor of the negatives . I haven't encountered problems with slippage or slow speed on my real account, but I want to know what recommendations you give on this issue and what numbers are critical for these indicators.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
elm-ea.com
Hi! I want to share with you the results of the Optimum version EA on mt5 at Fibo Group broker. On my demo and real account the trades are almost the same and outweigh the positives in favor of the negatives . I haven't encountered problems with slippage or slow speed on my real account, but I want to know what recommendations you give on this issue and what numbers are critical for these indicators.
Thank you for your feedback, we will test this broker on all versions of our EA and add it to the list of recommended ones if we are satisfied with its performance ;) As for the recommendations on the speed of execution and slippage, it is simple, the smaller and faster - the better. The best results are obtained with the speed up to 350 ms and with the minimum slippage up to 2 Pips. Of course, it can sometimes be difficult to achieve these results from some brokers, but in ideal conditions you get great results. Use the best VPS server and don't overload it with the number of trading platforms and currency pairs on each of them, monitor the server load and write to the technical support of the broker if they don't provide the trading conditions specified when opening an account.

Lionel

Customer
Feb 7, 2011
Colleagues, I have a question.
When I was testing the demo version of the EA I was working with all possible currency pairs.
Now I bought the Professional version and I am planning to run it on a real account. What tips can you give me to avoid risks while keeping the number of trades?

Shepherd

Customer
Feb 5, 2011
Thank you for your feedback, we will test this broker on all versions of our EA and add it to the list of recommended ones if we are satisfied with its performance ;) As for the recommendations on the speed of execution and slippage, it is simple, the smaller and faster - the better. The best results are obtained with the speed up to 350 ms and with the minimum slippage up to 2 Pips. Of course, it can sometimes be difficult to achieve these results from some brokers, but in ideal conditions you get great results. Use the best VPS server and don't overload it with the number of trading platforms and currency pairs on each of them, monitor the server load and write to the technical support of the broker if they don't provide the trading conditions specified when opening an account.
Many thanks !

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
elm-ea.com
Colleagues, I have a question.
When I was testing the demo version of the EA I was working with all possible currency pairs.
Now I bought the Professional version and I am planning to run it on a real account. What tips can you give me to avoid risks while keeping the number of trades?
Hello!
A lot depends on the selected VPS server. Working with all 26 currency pairs on any of the offered platforms, entails overloading the platform and increases the load on the server, thus reducing the speed of the server and the platform, which affects your results.
26 currency pairs are provided for your choice in this case and do not imply their installation all at once on one account. Moreover, only 1 trade can be open at a time for 1 currency pair. I recommend applying no more than 7-10 currency pairs for mt4, and no more than 13-15 currency pairs for mt5. This number will not affect the performance of the advisor and the platform as a whole and will allow you to diversify risks.

Silver

Mar 29, 2020
Hello! I am testing the demo version of the advisor on the MT5 trading platform, but I want to buy a version of Optimum mt4, because, more accustomed to working with this platform, will I see the difference in the work of the advisor?

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
elm-ea.com
Hello! I am testing the demo version of the advisor on the MT5 trading platform, but I want to buy a version of Optimum mt4, because, more accustomed to working with this platform, will I see the difference in the work of the advisor?
Hello!
If I were you, I would continue to work with mt5, and it's not about the difference in EA versions and performance, it's about a professional approach to trading:)
I recommend working with MT5, the speed of the platform is much faster than mt4, it helps reduce the risks associated with slippage. Trade orders are executed much faster and this platform is updated regularly.
All versions of the Expert Advisor are developed using the same code algorithm and only have a difference in the smallest technical features that do not affect the result.

warren

Mar 13, 2014
Are the template settings for the demo version the actual settings for the real accounts or after the purchase of the license you send individual settings for each broker?