[Article] Virtual hosting in the MT4 and MT5 platform

Salvatore

Jun 28, 2012
Hello everyone Yesterday, friends threw up information about the creation of metaquotes of their virtual server in the latest builds, created directly from the platform. :) Among the listed advantages, the automatic selection of the server location for each broker with the lowest ping and the rental price of 10 greenbacks are highlighted. :) You are given free 24 hours to evaluate the quality of your work. On Monday, you will need to check out this innovation. I suggest that you express your thoughts and observations here :)
Here you go article.

Last edited by a moderator:

nest30

Nov 8, 2013
I didn't see any advantages in this solution.
On the same VPS for $ 10, I can use an additional one. tools for the job.
Fortunately, right now there are a lot of hosters and you can choose a VPS in the same Netherlands. In addition, no one will get into the VPS with admin access (unless they hack it), and they will not watch what I do

Ayan

Mar 28, 2014
I'm interested in the same thing, but I'm not an expert on these things.
Metaquotes started a branch for this service.
And there provides a comparison of its own and third-party VPS:
and give a trial for 24 hours.
If anyone will try - do not hesitate to write your impressions.-)

Marvin

Aug 1, 2014
I have always been surprised by strange (or narrow-minded) people who keep sensitive data from such "specialized" hosting providers.

nest30

Nov 8, 2013
I have always been surprised by strange (or narrow-minded) people who keep sensitive data from such "specialized" hosting providers.

Not understood in whose garden was right now a stone, but it is generally better to store important data at home. If you choose between the VPS and this hosting solution, then the VPS will still be more reliable. (Please note that only if the access to the VPS provider provides admin access, and not terminal access)

Emanuel

Nov 15, 2013
In theory, I like this service. To evaluate the work of the service, you need to compare its work with something. That's what I'm going to do soon.
As far as I understand everything, you can run the Expert Advisor on the same account both on the hosting and from the computer. Having previously distributed various magics to the owls. In general, I think I will do so. If nothing else is in the way. Wait for the monitors.

Yes, while you can throw suggestions, which owl to put on it.

sacha21

Mar 17, 2014
Spoiler alert
That yes.
But I have another problem.
On the current VPS - not metaquote -
on the tariff for $ 30 CPU=3000 RAM 5gb Win 8
4 pcs of MT4 in each of 6 windows of not cool bots
(only evra is everywhere, there are no other pairs in the review, charts for 5000 bars, etc.)
CPU usage jumps from 50 to 100%.
Not always and not at all MT4 deals are opened.
I suspect that there is no declared 3MHz.
Therefore, I am interested in this option.

I have more modest VPS, but I observe the same problem - the processor "suffers" more than all other resources. Especially strongly it begins to suffer with an increase in activity in the market. It is clear that such "suspensions" with the load indication at the level of 100% do not lead to anything good...
I thought a lot about possible ways to deal with this problem, but nothing good came >: d

Emanuel

Nov 15, 2013
Spoiler alert
In theory, I like this service. To evaluate the work of the service, you need to compare its work with something. That's what I'm going to do soon.
As far as I understand everything, you can run the Expert Advisor on the same account both on the hosting and from the computer. Having previously distributed various magics to the owls. In general, I think I will do so. If nothing else is in the way. Wait for the monitors.

Yes, while you can throw suggestions, which owl to put on it.

it doesn't work out for me yet. nothing to bet on. for verification, you need an owl that analyzes ticks, and so far I only have one for discoveries. I don't want to bet anything else. there is a suitable one in development, but it is still in development...

Kian

Oct 25, 2014
So far, I see the only practical application....use it for scalper expert advisors...if metacovts really give the smallest ping, then this is the most important thing, there is no headache in selecting a VPS with a minimum ping....but it still needs to be checked, maybe about ping it's all blah-blah-blah.....: - >

Ayan

Mar 28, 2014
That yes.
But I have another problem.
On the current VPS - not metaquote -
on the tariff for $ 30 CPU=3000 RAM 5gb Win 8
4 pcs of MT4 in each of 6 windows of not cool bots
(only evra is everywhere, there are no other pairs in the review, charts for 5000 bars, etc.)
CPU usage jumps from 50 to 100%.
Not always and not at all MT4 deals are opened.
I suspect that there is no declared 3MHz.
Therefore, I am interested in this option.

Eugene

Jan 5, 2014
I wonder what the technical data of such servers is? I haven't found such information anywhere yet

Ayan

Mar 28, 2014
I tried it.
I took a free test mode for 24 hours.
MT4 from Alpari Pro-ESN real.
I put 6 indicator bots and one non-indicator bot.
Just before the Fed rate.
It seems that everything worked correctly and a little faster than on a regular VPS.
But while in thought...

Ayan

Mar 28, 2014
I took a try for a month.
Roboforex MT4.
4 indicator bots and 2 non-indicator bots.
As a result, I will unsubscribe.

Ayan

Mar 28, 2014
A month passed.
As a result, I decided not to renew it.
Positive:
- really low pings;
- works fast;
- convenient, no need to bother with the Windows settings, etc.
Minuses:
- ban on any dlc, as a result of the news
ind. FFCal does not receive data;
- you need to connect each MT4 separately for$10;
- you can't use the demo.

Tiago

Apr 16, 2012
It is not clear why to make VPS and at the same time prohibit DLL files, if almost all the Expert Advisors work only with them)))

tarunbhool

Customer
Feb 4, 2022
A month passed.
As a result, I decided not to renew it.
Positive:
- really low pings;
- works fast;
- convenient, no need to bother with the Windows settings, etc.
Minuses:
- ban on any dlc, as a result of the news
ind. FFCal does not receive data;
- you need to connect each MT4 separately for$10;
- you can't use the demo.
Great, how about the performance of elm ea, did it work fine?

The minuses uve put, i really couldnt inderstand rhe first one, do we need any such dlc or dll or ffcal for elm ea?

cistern

Feb 17, 2022
DLL files affect the speed of any advisor and there is nothing you can do about it, which is why VPS providers prohibit them. You have to choose between low ping, uninterrupted operation of the advisor on the one hand, or constant struggle with the broker on the other. I'm interested in the first option.

Alexandre

Customer
Apr 4, 2020
DLL files affect the speed of any advisor and there is nothing you can do about it, which is why VPS providers prohibit them. You have to choose between low ping, uninterrupted operation of the advisor on the one hand, or constant struggle with the broker on the other. I'm interested in the first option.
Well said my friend!!! I am also for the first option. How was November? I installed update 2.3 in October and yesterday for Christmas
I already bought myself a gift for 2K.

Ernestfx

Customer
Dec 26, 2022
The speed of an advisor's work is influenced by many factors, but few take into account the condition and quality of the broker's servers. I had to change broker several times solely for this reason. The broker's support told me tales about new technologies, but in reality the metatrader regularly froze. But at the same time this advisor worked great for another broker. I use this EA at several brokers at the same time and can compare the results. So you need to first decide on a broker and test it in action, and only then look for bugs in the settings of this EA.