Trades on MT4 and MT5

Galata

Feb 7, 2022
Hello,

I'm contacting you guys for a little question.
For the optimum version, is normal that the trades that the ea takes on Mt4 are different compared to Mt5 ?
I have the impression that the Mt4 is more reactive than Mt5 version.
What you think about it ?

Thanks in advance,

Methadone

Customer
Feb 6, 2022
isnt it the other way around if i check MT5 product review? Can anyone who use both of it can confirm?

Ameer

Customer
Jan 7, 2017
use the Optimum MT4 version, transactions are made without any problems, broker Tickmill, ping is minimal, spreads are small

Ameer

Customer
Jan 7, 2017
recently I've been working with a licensed version of ELM that my cousin bought. Of course, I'm not a pro in trading, but so far I don't see the difference between Tickmill demo and Tickmill Real, the only thing that confuses me is the smaller number of transactions on a real account.

PCryptor

Customer
Jun 3, 2022
Hello,

For the optimum version, is normal that the trades that the ea takes on Mt4 are different compared to Mt5 ?

Thanks in advance,
I use to think that MT4 was better than MT5, but after many many tests on many different brokers, I can say that it's all depend on the Broker ! Some broker may have better spread on MT4 than MT5, different server latency, different execution....for example, on some broker MT5 was giving me more wins than MT4.

So the only way to know is to compare both for the same broker, then you'll know.

Tripp

Customer
Mar 30, 2020
I also think that ELM_EA is preferable to use with MT5. The main thing, as I understand it, that there were stable trading conditions at the broker and was a VPS with minimal ping to the broker's server. When I read the forum this week I found a lot of users that speak highly of working with Elon and earn real money on MT5 and I think that's not just because of this, so I'm going to buy this version next month.

moondogg

Customer
Jun 11, 2017
Dear, could you share your experience with ELM_EA with me? If it's not a secret, who is your broker? What is your ping? From your message, I have already learned important information for myself that MT5 is better than MT4 for trading. I will be grateful to you for your answer!

Kamran razzaq

Customer
Dec 16, 2021
Having a low ping to the broker solves the biggest issue so then the EA only has to deal with slippage if any but with trade reverse that put that out of the equation

Rainis

Customer
Aug 24, 2019
Having a low ping to the broker solves the biggest issue so then the EA only has to deal with slippage if any but with trade reverse that put that out of the equation
yes, you are right, the Trade Reverse parameter sometimes helps a lot in dealing with slippage, so when I work in scalping mode, I translate this value into "true"

Attachments

• photo_2022-07-27_11-42-40.jpg
    photo_2022-07-27_11-42-40.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 33

cavv

Customer
Jun 6, 2016
For algorithmic trading I use MT5. All the same
it is a more modern platform that allows you to make the most of all its advantages for trading currencies. A big plus is the constantly coming updates and its popularity with brokers.

Caleb

Customer
Dec 26, 2022
A lot depends on the broker. Different brokers can have different results. The adviser has nothing to do with it. It works fine for me on both MT4 and MT5. But there are several brokers where he sometimes hangs on the metatrader. If a broker is dishonest, they can affect the quality and execution of trades in various ways, no matter what platform you have. In addition, MT5 is faster than MT4. It is a fully functional 64-bit multi-threaded platform while MT4 is a 32-bit single-threaded platform with 2 GB (or 4 GB of memory if you are running it on a 64-bit operating system). In my experience, I've seen almost a 100x speed increase when I've backtested, and this is something to keep in mind as all software is constantly updated and more and more optimized. This means that all processes become more and more optimized and spend less and less time searching for the optimal solution to the problem. But one of the strengths of MT4 is that it is ideal for a 32-bit operating system. And we must remember that the MT4 platform was originally designed for algorithmic trading. And this is one of her greatest strengths.

John G

Sep 16, 2022
Hello,

Thanks in advance,
In what sense are they different? Both of these platforms are similar. It's just that MT5 is a more modern and sophisticated platform. And most importantly, updates are coming to it. Naturally, it is more adapted for algorithmic trading. It's no secret that modern algorithms often represent the most complex systems that require the platform to process maximum data in a minimum of time. In this, MT5 is certainly superior to MT4. But this is the requirement of the time.