When I start my backtest ELMEA, I don't get any results....?

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
elm-ea.com
Hi,

When I start my backtest, I don't get any results....?

Has anyone had this?

Thank you.

Hi, the history tests are off. The algorithm cannot run on historical data. Only tests in real time.

This is due to the specifics of the trading strategy. The results in the strategy tester are not always reliable.

I optimized the algorithm on my computer with 48 terabytes of RAM.

I found optimal settings and provide them to all clusters.

kittycatco

Apr 9, 2015
Hi, the history tests are off. The algorithm cannot run on historical data. Only tests in real time.

This is due to the specifics of the trading strategy. The results in the strategy tester are not always reliable.

I optimized the algorithm on my computer with 48 terabytes of RAM.

I found optimal settings and provide them to all clusters.
OK, got it. Thanks.

Tripp

Customer
Mar 30, 2020
Great idea Jared to test the results online instead of in the strategy tester. This sets your ELM_EA apart from the competition. All competitors offer history testing and I don't think it's objective.

Roger Fight

Customer
Sep 16, 2022
Hi,

When I start my backtest, I don't get any results....?

Has anyone had this?

Thank you.
It's not a problem. All traders initially doubt success. I am the same as you. I made it this way. Everything is fine. I made sure of it. You will be ok too. The idea embodied in this algorithm in practice brings profit. We play for market makers. Therefore, everything will be fine. Market makers don't lose.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
elm-ea.com
It's not a problem. All traders initially doubt success. I am the same as you. I made it this way. Everything is fine. I made sure of it. You will be ok too. The idea embodied in this algorithm in practice brings profit. We play for market makers. Therefore, everything will be fine. Market makers don't lose.
Hi Roger!) I see you're doing great buddy, what broker are you working with at the moment?

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
elm-ea.com
Hi Jared, I'm fine. I prefer Just2Trade. If you can suggest another broker, I will be grateful to you.
Thanks for your reply ! I don't know if you need to change brokers at the moment if you are doing great. As an additional account, consider Vantage FX for your work.

As for the ELM work of J2T broker, they surprised me pleasantly in 2023. Here are my results - https://elm-ea.com/elm-ea-results-from-2023/#Just2Trade

Reactions: tomo

Peter Watson

Feb 15, 2023
Jared, in your profit column, there is a 5-digit figure for the J2T broker. I am also in the black, so there is nothing to complain about. Do you use fixed lot or autorisk? Please send the set.