which presets to use?

aliaskar92

Customer
Jul 8, 2022
hey gents,

I am kind of lost about which parameters I shall use!
I saw several myfxbook profiles with 20-30 pips tp and others using on 4-5 pips tp!

taking into consideration that backtesting is not allowed, it's kind time consuming to find which parameters are better for specific pairs and which one suits them all!

what parameters shall I use? is there any guidebook or documentation? or best practices based on your experience with ELM?

like for example, what is the difference between scalping mode, and scalping hedge or average mode?

Last edited:

Ameer

Customer
Jan 7, 2017
Colleague, I personally tried many different settings, but it turned out that there is no better than the default settings. Therefore, do not waste time and do not complicate your life, use the settings that are provided in the demo version of ELM EA. And believe me, you will be happy.
Mode_hedge - allows you to increase the time of transactions. You can use it if your broker has a limit on the minimum transaction time. When using hedging, the algorithm opens a counter trade instead of closing it. I.e. the signal to close at mod_ hedging is a new signal for opening a new opposite deal. The multiplier is not used for the reason that all deals are opened with an identical lot.
Mode_scalping - There are no tricky and questionable order management practices. Everything works according to strict rules. If there are losing trades, we don't wait for the market to turn in the right direction, we close the loss. And we wait for new signals to enter new trades.

Because of this, the algorithm does not require a large margin, and the probability that the account will be completely lost is excluded.

Each deal is closed at Take Profit or Stop Loss.

Methods of averaging and infinitely long stay in the drawdowns are not used
mode_scalping_avg - Position averaging. Perspective direction of the strategy. All trades are opened by the trend, based on an accurate signal of the direction of price movement. This is the main difference of our algorithm from any other robot that uses a martingale. We also use SL. When using this mode, it is best to choose the settings for each currency pair. Namely the size of TP and SL.
It is also not recommended to use it with a large lot and a large set of currency pairs. When using this mode, the minimum deposit is 500 USD for 1 currency pair.

Mena

Customer
Jun 21, 2022
Hi
I have a problem with the indicator, after installation it connects and after hours it does not connect
Does this happen to everyone?
or i have a problem

Alexandre

Customer
Apr 4, 2020
Bro throw a couple of screenshots look at what you have there for the problem. just pay attention to the errors in the tab expert, if you did something wrong, all the information will be there 100%. I think your problem is solvable.

Mena

Customer
Jun 21, 2022
Bro throw a couple of screenshots look at what you have there for the problem. just pay attention to the errors in the tab expert, if you did something wrong, all the information will be there 100%. I think your problem is solvable.
Thanks for your help
This is one of the expert files

Attachments

• photo_2022-07-16_16-34-39.jpg
    photo_2022-07-16_16-34-39.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 28