Which timeframes can I run ELM EA?

Stanley

Jun 15, 2015
Hello!!! I have a question, what timeframe should I choose when working with this advisor?
What chart should I trade on? 5-minute, hourly, 4-hour?

cake201

Aug 9, 2019
According to the words of the developer of this advisor, we can use any timeframe, since the algorithm is based on the analysis of ticks... So choose what you like, there will be no difference)

Austin

Jan 12, 2020
on ticks? What is it, can it allow the algorithm to make money?:oops:
The word "tick" means the minimal change of the trading instrument quotation. It does not take into account neither the price direction, nor the time, during which this change occurred, nor the number of passed points.
All that is important is the fact of price movement as a result of conclusion of the transaction on the market. The picture on the tick chart allows the trader to track the events that occur at a given moment in time.
To see the tick chart you should open the "Market Watch" window in your MetaTrader 4 or MetaTrader 5 platform, right-click on the desired instrument and select "Tick Chart"

Keenan

Customer
Aug 27, 2010
on ticks? What is it, can it allow the algorithm to make money?:oops:
Working on ticks allows you to earn a lot, even on small market movements. I made sure of that from my own experience.
It allows to increase a small deposit up to the necessary amount of money in the shortest time period.
What are the risks?
As everywhere else, there are risks, but there is only one rule, do not overestimate the lot.

Austin

Jan 12, 2020
Working on ticks allows you to earn a lot, even on small market movements. I made sure of that from my own experience.
It allows to increase a small deposit up to the necessary amount of money in the shortest time period.
What are the risks?
As everywhere else, there are risks, but there is only one rule, do not overestimate the lot.
+ 1

Stanley

Jun 15, 2015
The word "tick" means the minimal change of the trading instrument quotation. It does not take into account neither the price direction, nor the time, during which this change occurred, nor the number of passed points.
All that is important is the fact of price movement as a result of conclusion of the transaction on the market. The picture on the tick chart allows the trader to track the events that occur at a given moment in time.
To see the tick chart you should open the "Market Watch" window in your MetaTrader 4 or MetaTrader 5 platform, right-click on the desired instrument and select "Tick Chart"
What are the risks?
Well, thank you for the information. For me it's just extremely unusual, when working with advisors... I will do a comparative analysis using different timeframes on different accounts....