-=Changelog=- And -=Upgrades =-

Crosby

Customer
May 4, 2018
Lol. how long will your martingale work on 6 currency pairs? you need a million dollars in your account to withstand a drawdown if that happens

Lawson

Customer
Nov 2, 2016
I am not an expert in trading, but it seems to me that if you added pairs such as GBPJPY, EUR/AUD and some other crosses. They have great volatility.

Shawn

Customer
Mar 14, 2019
I work with IcMarkets broker and very often I get high slippages. Is there any way to limit slippages in the code?
I propose to make a function that will limit the size of the maximum slip.

Shepherd

Customer
Feb 5, 2011
I work with IcMarkets broker and very often I get high slippages. Is there any way to limit slippages in the code?
Slippages are always and everywhere, you can't change anything to get rid of them. The broker influences the amount of slippage. Trade with normal brokers, why would you use a fraudulent company?

Lawson

Customer
Nov 2, 2016
Hi, do you plan to release a version for Metatrader 5? In my opinion it is a much more powerful platform.
Yes, I also use another scalper bot. This bot has two versions, for MT4 and for MT5. The same bot works much better in MT5.

If Jared makes MT5 version of ELM EAI think it will be very cool.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
elm-ea.com
Hi, do you plan to release a version for Metatrader 5? In my opinion it is a much more powerful platform.
Yes, I have plans to make the same algorithm for MT5.

I think it will be ready in August. I am actively developing and testing MT4 version until August. And as soon as I am sure MT4 version is fully ready to work, I will rewrite the code to work with MT5.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
elm-ea.com
You are very responsive to customer requests! Thank you! I would like to suggest that you also add the ability to average trades.
I would like the algorithm to be able to trade as a scalper algorithm as well as a martingale algorithm.

According to my statistics martingale is the most profitable trading system. If you combine martingale with your bot, I think it would be a real grail.
Thanks for your suggestion, but I think that martingale is not quite compatible with the idea of my algorithm...
I am not an expert in trading, but it seems to me that if you added pairs such as GBPJPY, EUR/AUD and some other crosses. They have great volatility.

Thank you for your suggestion. I think I will do it in near future.

The new update is almost ready. In this update, I added functionality that allows you to work with slippages (deviations) on accounts with instant execution.

I see several ways to implement what you suggest. I think I will add this in the next updates.

Last edited by a moderator:

pattu

Customer
May 28, 2019
Thanks Jared, I'll wait for the MT5 version to come out and I'll buy it right away.

Nolan

Jun 30, 2019
Lol. how long will your martingale work on 6 currency pairs? you need a million dollars in your account to withstand a drawdown if that happens
Everyone should have a choice which trading logic to use. If someone likes martingale, then let him trade using martingale.

If Jared can implement it, then he should do it for his clients.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
elm-ea.com
At the moment, the implementation of martingale is not in my plans...

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
elm-ea.com

Version 1.3 (12-Nov-20)​

Code:
Changes //Slippage control on accounts with instant execution
-==Order Managment Section==-
OrderOpenSlippage - 1,2,3,4(Deviation, at opening, Otherwise, the requote)
OrderCloseSlippage - 1,2,3,4(Deviation, at closing, Otherwise, the requote)
AutoSlippage - True/False (The algorithm automatically calculates the maximum deviations)

What settings should I use?
Exactly the same as you used for the 3 existing currency pairs!

Please download your update here:

ELM EA

Collin

Customer
Jan 18, 2014
Thank you! This week I decided to trade on accounts with instant, using the deviation 1. I was very happy with the result!

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
elm-ea.com
Thank you! This week I decided to trade on accounts with instant, using the deviation 1. I was very happy with the result!
Great! I'm already working on new features. I think the next update will be within 2 weeks.

Before each release, I have to check everything carefully.

Austin

Jan 12, 2020
Can you please tell me how to estimate the slippage? Does the algorithm have any functionality that shows slippages at my broker?

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
elm-ea.com
Can you please tell me how to estimate the slippage? Does the algorithm have any functionality that shows slippages at my broker?
I am currently working on improving the logging system I have already added a few lines of code that display slippages.slippage.jpeg

Malcolm

May 22, 2013
I took a big loss today during a news release due to huge execution delays at my broker. How can I make the algorithm shut down during a news release?

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
elm-ea.com
How soon do you plan to release this update?
I think this week. I'm all set. I just need to check and post the download link for clients.
I took a big loss today during a news release due to huge execution delays at my broker. How can I make the algorithm shut down during a news release?
Hmm... It's a very complicated feature, disabling trading during news. I will think about how I can do this and will definitely add it in the next update