Code:
Changes //Improving order management methods
-==Trall==-
EnableTrailingStop - OFF/ON/Virtual. Enable/Disable the trailing stop
TrailingStart - number of pips, through activated TrailingStop
TrailingStop - trailing stop level.
TrailingStep – trailing stop step.
EnableBreakeven – True/False. (virtual)
BreakevenTrigger -  The number of profit pips, for triggering a breakeven.
BreakevenLevel – The level of the breakeven from the opening price.

What are viral levels? It means that I have now trained the robot to remember these values and as a result, these values are not seen by the broker. But when the price reaches these values the algorithm performs the necessary actions.

How does virtual trailing work?

EnableTrailingStop = Virtual
TrailingStart - 2
TrailingStop - 1
TrailingStep - 1

Suppose we open a BUY trade at 1.2080
At the opening, the virtual STOP loss in our trade is 1.2073.
When the price reaches 1.2082, a virtual trailing stop is activated.
And the bot remembers the new stop loss level, it will be 1.2081
When the price changes and becomes 1.2083 (Step = 1), then the stop level is tightened by 1 pip to 1.2082.

How does BreakEven work?
There is a one-time change in the stop loss level here.

EnableBreakeven = True
BreakevenTrigger = 2.5
BreakevenLevel = 1

When the price reaches 1.20825, Breakeven is activated and set at 1.2081.

Please download your update here:

ELM EA

While you're testing this update, I'm getting on with my work! More improvements are coming soon, which will involve some tweaks to the conditions for entering a trade!

Jared, you're awesome! You keep your finger on the pulse and respond promptly to customer requests, thank you for that! I really love you:love:

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
elm-ea.com
When will the new currency pairs be added?

There are very few trades. No more than 3 trades in all days this week.
Hi! I'm already working on it. I will be adding new currency pairs soon. It can already be done now, the algorithm is working stably, no clients are reporting connection problems as it was in the beginning.
Hi Jared!
I got a significant loss on my account yesterday during the news release and a strong spread widening, I have been messaging you about it via telegram, but I haven't received a reply. What do you think about restricting the opening of trades during spread widening?
OK, I get the point. Let's implement a function that will check the spread size before opening.

Currently, the functionality to calculate the spread before opening has already been implemented. The calculation results take into account the double spread and the logarithmic function to plot the relationship between the spread and the current conditions for entering the market.
The result of this calculation works perfectly if the spread is no larger than 1.

If the spread is greater than 1, this calculation does not work as correctly.

If you recall the graph of a function from mathematics, in case the function F(x) > 1, how does the graph change?:)

P.S. - I very often don't have time to respond to all enquiries... Lately, the flow of clients is very high and I hardly have time to respond to everyone. So sometimes the response time may be a little longer than you would like. I prefer to talk and help clients here on the forum. This allows me to avoid many questions being asked several times.

Jesus

Customer
Apr 3, 2020
Hi! I'm already working on it. I will be adding new currency pairs soon. It can already be done now, the algorithm is working stably, no clients are reporting connection problems as it was in the beginning.

OK, I get the point. Let's implement a function that will check the spread size before opening.

Currently, the functionality to calculate the spread before opening has already been implemented. The calculation results take into account the double spread and the logarithmic function to plot the relationship between the spread and the current conditions for entering the market.
The result of this calculation works perfectly if the spread is no larger than 1.

If you recall the graph of a function from mathematics, in case the function F(x) > 1, how does the graph change?:)

P.S. - I very often don't have time to respond to all enquiries... Lately, the flow of clients is very high and I hardly have time to respond to everyone. So sometimes the response time may be a little longer than you would like. I prefer to talk and help clients here on the forum. This allows me to avoid many questions being asked several times.
To be honest, everything about maths is very difficult for me.... :cool: I finished studying maths about 20 years ago and never went back :giggle:

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
elm-ea.com
To be honest, everything about maths is very difficult for me.... :cool: I finished studying maths about 20 years ago and never went back :giggle:
Huh) Not a problem, because there's me.

I have 3 higher educations and a degree, so I have studied many technical subjects almost every day for the last 15 years :)

Lawson

Customer
Nov 2, 2016

Version 1.1.1 (11-Aug-20)​

Code:
Changes //Improving order management methods
-==Trall==-
EnableTrailingStop - OFF/ON/Virtual. Enable/Disable the trailing stop
TrailingStart - number of pips, through activated TrailingStop
TrailingStop - trailing stop level.
TrailingStep – trailing stop step.
EnableBreakeven – True/False. (virtual)
BreakevenTrigger -  The number of profit pips, for triggering a breakeven.
BreakevenLevel – The level of the breakeven from the opening price.

What are viral levels? It means that I have now trained the robot to remember these values and as a result, these values are not seen by the broker. But when the price reaches these values the algorithm performs the necessary actions.

How does virtual trailing work?

TrailingStart - 2
TrailingStop - 1
TrailingStep - 1

At the opening, the virtual STOP loss in our trade is 1.2073.
When the price reaches 1.2082, a virtual trailing stop is activated.
And the bot remembers the new stop loss level, it will be 1.2081
When the price changes and becomes 1.2083 (Step = 1), then the stop level is tightened by 1 pip to 1.2082.

How does BreakEven work?
There is a one-time change in the stop loss level here.

EnableBreakeven = True
BreakevenTrigger = 2.5
BreakevenLevel = 1

When the price reaches 1.20825, Breakeven is activated and set at 1.2081.

ELM EA

While you're testing this update, I'm getting on with my work! More improvements are coming soon, which will involve some tweaks to the conditions for entering a trade!
What is the difference between
EnableTrailingStop = ON
?

Shepherd

Customer
Feb 5, 2011
What is the difference between
EnableTrailingStop = ON
?
In the case where you use a virtual, this is stored in the trading robot's memory. The broker does not see these values. Also, they may be lower than the minimum stop levels that your broker has in the trading conditions.

With these parameters the bot really looks like a very powerful scalper algorithm!

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
elm-ea.com

Version 1.2 (9-Sep-20)​

Changes //New currency pairs added
-==Pairs==-
EUR/JPY, USD/CAD, AUD/USD

[/CODE]

What settings should I use?
Exactly the same as you used for the 3 existing currency pairs!

ELM EA

Shawn

Customer
Mar 14, 2019
Thank you! I've been waiting for this! Can you please tell me if you can expand the list of recommended brokers?
I love working with icMarkets, but these guys have very high slippages!
Is there any way we can limit this in the EA code?

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
elm-ea.com
Thank you! I've been waiting for this! Can you please tell me if you can expand the list of recommended brokers?
Hi, unfortunately not.

The slippage is happening on the server side of the broker. The algorithm has no effect on slippage.
IcMarkets is not the best broker in terms of execution... They are very unstable.

Charlie_SpaceX

Customer
Apr 5, 2017
I have encountered the problem several times that when the algorithm starts trading successfully on a broker account, as soon as the profit on that account exceeds 30%, slippage starts immediately and the profitability of the algorithm decreases significantly. The only option is to change your trading account. It looks like manipulation by the broker to me

warren

Mar 13, 2014
I have encountered the problem several times that when the algorithm starts trading successfully on a broker account, as soon as the profit on that account exceeds 30%, slippage starts immediately and the profitability of the algorithm decreases significantly. The only option is to change your trading account. It looks like manipulation by the broker to me
There needs to be a tight control. In the event of such slippage, the algorithm simply stops working and is switched off.

Collin

Customer
Jan 18, 2014
I mainly use instant accounts for my work. This allows me to avoid slippage problems, but instead I get requotes. I think jared should have the ability to automatically set bot rejections or the user should be able to specify in the settings what kind of rejection is allowed in insta accounts.

Shepherd

Customer
Feb 5, 2011
I mainly use instant accounts for my work. This allows me to avoid slippage problems, but instead I get requotes. I think jared should have the ability to automatically set bot rejections or the user should be able to specify in the settings what kind of rejection is allowed in insta accounts.
Lol. Trading in accounts with instant execution... In 2020, is anyone still working in such accounts?

Collin

Customer
Jan 18, 2014
Lol. Trading in accounts with instant execution... In 2020, is anyone still working in such accounts?
Every major broker now has an Instant Execution account type. This is the industry standard.

The algorithm must have the functionality to handle this type of account and manage rejections. Automatically or manually.

Niklaus

Customer
Jan 29, 2019
InstaForex.
They have all the invoices with instant execution. I opened a new account with them at the end of January, installed the algorithm and started trading. My account balance was $1000 and within two weeks it had grown to $2,500.

I sent a withdrawal request for the whole amount. 3500$. They paid me only 1000$, but they cancelled all my profit, stating that their account with instant execution does not allow scalping.
I am very angry and upset!

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
elm-ea.com
There needs to be a tight control. In the event of such slippage, the algorithm simply stops working and is switched off.
OK, I'll see what I can do. I have an idea how to add such features.

Okay, I will. Honestly, I thought that none of the clients traded on accounts with instant execution

InstaForex.
They have all the invoices with instant execution. I opened a new account with them at the end of January, installed the algorithm and started trading. My account balance was $1000 and within two weeks it had grown to $2,500.

I sent a withdrawal request for the whole amount. 3500$. They paid me only 1000$, but they cancelled all my profit, stating that their account with instant execution does not allow scalping.
I am very angry and upset!
Sorry about that, but there is a separate thread on our forum to discuss these issues, where we discuss working with different brokerage companies.

pattu

Customer
May 28, 2019
Hi, do you plan to release a version for Metatrader 5? In my opinion it is a much more powerful platform.

Victor

Customer
May 5, 2015

I think you just need to add a parameter that checks the spread before opening a trade. If the current spread is greater than the one specified in this parameter, then the trade is not opened.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
elm-ea.com

Version 1.2.1 (11-Oct-20)​

Code:
Changes //Deal Filtering
-==Protection Section==-
Impulse - 0..0.2,1,3.4 (It is a filter that checks what the difference was between successive ticks.
If the difference is more than specified in this parameter, the bot opens a trade)
Max allowed spread - 0..0.2,1,3.4(Checking the spread before opening an order.
If the spread is more than specified here the trade is not opened.)

ELM EA

Mack

Dec 23, 2018

Version 1.2.1 (11-Oct-20)​

Code:
Changes //Deal Filtering
-==Protection Section==-
Impulse - 0..0.2,1,3.4 (It is a filter that checks what the difference was between successive ticks.
If the difference is more than specified in this parameter, the bot opens a trade)
Max allowed spread - 0..0.2,1,3.4(Checking the spread before opening an order.
If the spread is more than specified here the trade is not opened.)

ELM EA

You are very responsive to customer requests! Thank you! I would like to suggest that you also add the ability to average trades.
I would like the algorithm to be able to trade as a scalper algorithm as well as a martingale algorithm.

According to my statistics martingale is the most profitable trading system. If you combine martingale with your bot, I think it would be a real grail.